Diamond status expiration

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by newbluesea, Oct 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Get ready for a fair amount of confusion.
    I just noticed that the area on hilton.com showing status (and total points) now shows.... in my case
    " HHonors member status through 2012 Diamond" fair enough except I have already qualified through 03/2014 and we have cards (mutual account) showing as such.

I called the Diamond Desk and did confirm the correct 2014 expiration but when I told them that the web-site says 2012 the CSR said "it will start showing 2013" next year???:rolleyes:
    Pretty strange explanation/setup if you ask me.

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have the same issue and got the same response when I called them. My card doesn't show the late date, so I asked them to send me a new card showing the later expiration date, but have not received it yet.

3. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think what you mean is you requalified for 2013 and it will go through something like Jan or Feb 2014, but the web site doesn't show it yet --- in which case it's no big deal -- until say next spring. <lol>.

DTWBOB

4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep we already have cards (two sets believe or not....one set each for me and my wife) which quite clearly states EXP 03/2014....have had them since Dec 2011.:)

5. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm newly Gold and it shows the same thing. I guess it is technically accurate - I am Gold through 2012 :)

6. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Far too often, I fear that common sense is anathema to many of these banks. You would think that they'd simply be able to fix an issue like this with a few keystrokes, but to do so, it would almost certainly require the complete and utter annihilation of their current operating system. :)

7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Diamond through 2012 means membership expires in 03/2013. Next year it will likely say Diamond through 2013. What it does not seem to do is to update the 'status through' when one requalifies for the following year.

BTW, I requalified about a month ago but have not yet received the new card. For those who got theirs, how long after you re/qualified did you get it?

8. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    The non-sensical explanation by the Diamond desk and the further parsing here is quite redundant.

a) Previous to the addition of that line the status of the respective member was always listed on hilton.com
    by logic anyone listed as Diamond must have that status until 03/2013 period (or later)
    B) It seems quite silly to add a line which provides no additional information and is guaranteed to only create
    confusion.

9. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I assume that each person knows what his/her status is at any given point so that all of this is probably a tempest in a teapot...;)