Diamond Status Challenge

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by TUMD, Dec 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have read that there is a cut off in June that would basically give you another year of status if you complete the challenge but my questions is do you have to start the challenge in June or complete it in June? Also, do you have 60 days from the time you send the email with your info and it is approved or a date that you can select to begin?

I am thinking about doing this challenge in the spring because I have several stays at Hyatts at the beginning of May.

Thanks for the help!

Kalboz likes this.
  2. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Start in June to get extra year. You start from date of acceptance not your date of choice.

Kalboz, adrianors and TUMD like this.
  3. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you Email your acceptance on the day you want it to start, then they'd be the same thing, eh?

If you start the Challenge on June 1st or later, it will last until Feb 2016, if you complete the 12 nights. Otherwise it expires Feb 2015.

Kalboz and TUMD like this.
  4. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did the challenge in September - wrote to them and they accepted. But I also told them that because of Jewish holidays, I would not be able to begin my travels until early October and would appreciate their making that my start date. They could not have been more pleasant and agreeable. It's been a pleasure. Good luck.

Kalboz likes this.
  5. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, I am not sure if I will end up completing my challenge (although it is already well worth it for our recent Paris trip) but I will have had at least 5 qualifying (paid) stays. My questions is, if the challenge ends will I be awarded Platinum since I have met the criteria AND if I DO complete it and have Diamond until Feb 2015 will I then still hold Platinum after that expires?

Kalboz likes this.
  6. Tokyo Hyatt Fan

Tokyo Hyatt Fan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Assuming you really do mean "stays" and not "nights", then yes, you have earned Platinum status the hard way, and will get to keep it until at least February 2016.

When did you start your challenge? Successful challenges that began in May are good for status through February 2016. In that case, it might be in your best interest to find a cheap Hyatt in your vicinity and put in a couple of unnecessary nights for the greater good.

IDGflygirl, TUMD and Kalboz like this.
  7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
  8. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I do mean "stays" as I had a couple earlier in the year before the challenge. I started it in April.

Kalboz likes this.
  9. Exploreeeeee

Exploreeeeee Member

Status Points:
    Hi! does it matter if booked the stay before starting the the diamond challenge? (the stay would be within the challenge period)

Kalboz likes this.
  10. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    To my knowledge it should not matter.

Kalboz likes this.
  11. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does not matter.

Kalboz likes this.
  12. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Signed up for the challenge to start on April 1st and completed it on the 26th for 12 nights. Total points for 12 nights (including the promo) was around 32K points (which I value ~ $600). Got the card Saturday which states the status will expire at the end of Feb 2015. Being so close to the deadline, will tweet Hyatt to see if they will extend until 2016.
    [​IMG]

13. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why not just use Hyatt more over the next 6 months? You have lots of time to qualify for next year's Diamond status. To be honest 2 months is 1/6 of the year - not super close and also the duration of the challenge itself.

Tokyo Hyatt Fan likes this.
  14. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I finished mine April 30th and also received the status till Feb. 2015. Please let us know what you hear back from GP. Thanks!

Kalboz likes this.
  15. TexDoc

TexDoc Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's why I waited until May 2014 to register for the Diamond challenge. It was clear it was going to be awarded thru Feb 2016. Doing it in April would only get it thru Feb 2015.

Kalboz likes this.
  16. Tokyo Hyatt Fan

Tokyo Hyatt Fan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Finished in April means that you started it in February? I think that's pushing it a bit...

17. Ready2board

Ready2board Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does someone have an idea how many nights you should demonstrate towards Hyatt when doing the challenge?
    I do had a lot of nights at competitive programs in the past year, but not all the nights were with one chain.
    I just sent Hyatt the overview for the past 6 months and now waiting for a response..

Kalboz likes this.
  18. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Historically they have been more concerned with seeing an appropriate competitive elite status than with a high level of activity.

Thomask and Kalboz like this.
  19. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Our travel plans were for April :)
    Jeff Zidell, Hyatt program director, personally answered concerns regarding the challenge as reported by @gleff http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...s-diamond-trials-toothpaste-returns-march-31/

They did ask me for statements to show how many nights I spent in hotel room during the prior 12 months ... and I provided that information (printouts of my Hilton and Marriott stays from their websites) when I faxed my request.

20. TheTourVan

TheTourVan Active Member

Status Points:
    We finish ours tomorrow night. They told me on the phone it would be through 2016, not 2015.
    I can say as a former top tier elite member with a number of different chains, this one has been actually enjoyable and Hyatt has gone out of their way to make me feel like I was wanted.

21. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    agree, the confirmed Diamond suite upgrades (for up to 7 nights per upgrade certificate) is really an awesome privilege for Diamond, and Hyatt really treats Diamond guests very well;)

22. Ready2board

Ready2board Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know that when you do a Diamond challenge you get and additional 1000 points per stay for the first 6 nights.
    Can I also combine this Diamond offer with double points offer (2XPTS) Hyatt currently has in some US properties?

23. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe so...