Diamond Status Challenge Hyatt Question

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Milesbaby, Jan 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Milesbaby

Milesbaby Member

Status Points:
    So after the suggestion I got from you guys, I think I'll go Hyatt =D. I read somewhere that there is a Diamond trial challenge. I'm Currently Priority Club Plat because of the Credit card sign up. Before that was Gold member. In my statement, I have 0 Stay this year, but it shows as Plat member, if I put on Last 180 Days, it would show bunch of Visa award points, and then my last stay was September Last Year. Would Hyatt be suspicious of these? or will I be fine??

flyingdawg and jbcarioca like this.
  2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure. They'll either say yes or ask you to give them something better. There's no harm in asking.

flyingdawg, jbcarioca and edekba like this.
  3. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I got status matched I tried to use my Hilton status that showed no stays. They denied me and said that I would have to show some stay activity in order to get the challenge. I had to use my Marriott account which had multiple stays in it for them to grant me the challenge. Having said that... using my wife's platinum status with Priority Club and only showing 1 stay was enough for her to get the status match. I am sure it is a YMMV type situation but I believe they will want to see at least 1 stay in your history.

4. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just to add another data point.....when I status matched to Hyatt from Hilton (Gold), I had about 10 stays from the previous year. No issues there.

flyingdawg and jbcarioca like this.