Diamond medallion

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by miledoc, Jul 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. miledoc

miledoc Member

Status Points:
    I am pm by the end of the year I will be 9k short of dm. Is it worth it to do a mile run for $900 to get me to dm? I get access to sky club with Amex. Just not sure what additional benefits I would get

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    How are your upgrades so far? that's the only thing that I used to value over PM. So depending on the upgrade rate in your routes....

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is your planned flying for next year? Although, we can't count on rollover existing next year, it may be worth more to you to rollover the ~41k miles.

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have never been diamond with Delta, but my platinum has almost always gotten me an upgrade. I would save the money unless you are flying routes that have very limited upgrade availability.

5. traveller99

traveller99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I are both Diamonds this year. I doubt we will be next year. I think your decision should be based on your experience as a Plat. Do you routinely get upgrades on the routes you fly? Do you anticipate increased travel next year? Rolling over a chunk to next year (if it is allowed) has significant value.

6. Gabed1

Gabed1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I get upgrades about 90% of the time with my platinum.

7. miledoc

miledoc Member

Status Points:
    Thanx I ve gotten 50% upgrades with gold and better than 90% with pm. Access to sky club is not an issue as I said. Next yr I will hit pm by July if I don't roll any miles over. Other wise I ll hit dm by july August. Is there an advantage with the amount of help you get from customer service? I noticed a significant improvement from platinum to gold

8. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some might say there is a downgrade. As a PM, I was regularly assisted by CHISOLM. As a DM, I tend to get SLC, SEA, or ATL. Nothing more needs to be said!!

(Note: there are *some* helpful agents at SLC, SEA, ATL, but you tend to run into more not so helpful agents)

Juanefny likes this.