DFW Lounge Internet Woes

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by MSYgirl, Oct 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a heads up, the WiFi is not working in any AA DFW lounges. They didn't mention anything at the front desk at the Terminal A lounge today when I checked in, and it took 1 hour and 3 people to finally tell me the construction crews working on Terminal A accidentally ripped out a bunch of AA's WiFi cable. Access was out across every lounge. It doesn't seem like it's an easy fix either, they said. So if you can't populate your own hotspot/access and plan to rely on the lounge, call them first or ask at the check-in desk. AT&T WiFi is available throughout the airport main areas without a fee.
    Would it kill them to post a sign at the front desk? Sheesh.

2. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    A fellow MPer PMd me this morning to say that wifi was out. Didn't realize it was so wide-spread!

Hope they can fix it fairly soon

wrxmom likes this.
  3. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does it affect the AC or Flagship on D Concourse?

4. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am only aware of the outage in AA Admirals Club lounges in A, B, C, and D according to what I was told by the lounge employees and a very helpful rep on the phone (he called each lounge to confirm the WiFi was out).

Seat6A likes this.
  5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    There is no Flagship Lounge at DFW. When AA did have a Flagship Lounge at DFW, it was located in A. :)

MSYgirl and flyforawg like this.
  6. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    the wifi is working in the D Concourse AC today.

MSYgirl likes this.
  7. Ed74

Ed74 Active Member

Status Points:
    A lounge was down two days ago. C lounge I just left was working fine.

MSYgirl likes this.
  8. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    The agent at the D concourse AC said there are plans for a Flagship lounge in DFW once the bk/merger crap is worked out. They fly so many International routes out of there now it makes sense. My flight to Santiago last night on the 772 was great, except for the drunk pair behind me given some kind of courtesy upgrade who decided last night was the night to be loud and drunk all night on a 10 hour flight. I was on a SWU upgrade so lived with it after repeated requests for them to STFU.

FriendlySkies and MSYgirl like this.
  9. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ugh, that's the worst, being stuck in a metal tube for 10 hours with belligerent and drunk morons. I've had a few overnights like that, but nothing as bad as yours sounds.

10. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had this on a recent red-eye on AS. No upgrades for EXP, so I took the first row of Y. Two guys in the last row of F were seeing who could drink more. They were VERY excited after discovering that the alcohol was free..

Luckily I passed out, but they were still going at it when we landed in Portland.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint