DFW gathering at Centurion Lounge on Friday, April 17th from 1:30pm til 4pm

Discussion in 'Dallas | April 17-19, 2015 [normal/advanced]' started by cova, Apr 13, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    The official lounge hop is Sat night, but there are likely many people who will be arriving on Friday afternoon and may want to make a stop at the American Express Centurion Lounge before heading over to the Hyatt Regency.

The thought here is just to show up at the CL lounge in Term D beginning around 1:30pm (or sooner) until around 4pm. Hang out spot would be the bar area. If any hopping - it would likely be only over to the AA club in Term D.

If you plan to stop by the CL (or need access) please post. Also PM me if you need access and I will provide cell, so one of us can guest you in. The CL is down the hall from gate D17 (terminal D).

Flight Arrival time at DFW (doesn't necessary mean you are stopping by). Indicate if you need to be guest in.

10:00am MJonTravel
    12:53pm cova
    01:00pm waylook
    03:10pm Clemmiez (guest)
    06:53pm Mikus33

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    MJonTravel likes this.
  2. MJonTravel
    Original Member

MJonTravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I land around 10am, but I might just suck it up and wait for everyone. Will see how Friday shakes out. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

3. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    I arrive at 12:53pm, and plan to stop first at the UA Club to get a gate pass in the event I decide to go back later Friday evening.
    There may be others who arrive at 10am - and may want to stop by say 10-12 - so maybe two waves. I will collect arrival times and list in post 1.

4. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't arrive until 6:53 pm, but am contemplating a quick free dinner at the AmEx Lounge prior to heading to the cocktail reception. Anyone else arriving that late?

5. Clemmiez

Clemmiez Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm in at 3:10 pm UA, terminal E.... Don't have Amex CL access, so would have to meet up w/someone who does. If so, please post. If not - as it sounds like most will be there only until 4 - no worries; see everyone at the cocktail reception.

6. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    Note that the cocktail receptions starts at 6pm and likely ends at 7:30pm. Registration begins at 5pm.

On Thursday - let's see how many indicate they are stopping by and we can group for providing access. I am planning to stay until 3:30 to 4pm. I am also planning to go back by 8pm (with UA gate pass).

Most people are likely going to want to depart for hotel check in by 4:30 or 5pm. The CL is in Term D and you need to take the train back to Term C and then walk through the parking garage to get to the hotel. There is a shuttle bus which would pick you up at Term D, but I suggest you call the hotel for the bus schedule.

7. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What does it take to get a UA gate pass? UA club membership?

I'll most likely head straight to the cocktail reception, but if anyone was getting in around the same time and wanted to grab dinner at the AmEx lounge I'd be interested. If there's a way for me (no club membership, no status) to get back to the AmEx lounge later that night, I'm game for that too.

I can guest 2 people in.

8. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes - a UA Club membership is needed for a gate pass. I can get two guests gate passes, but the guests need to be with me and show ID when getting the gate pass.

The UA Club closes at 8pm on Friday, and 7pm on Sat. So getting a gate pass from UA won't work at 8pm. I think last flight is around 7:30pm. It is possible to arrange an AA conference (business meeting) without conference room, but that requires 24 hours or more advance coordination with names, birthdays, etc.

Check out the other thread on the Ultimate Lounge Hop for Sat night. Lots of techniques posted - getting refundable ticket, AA Conference meeting, etc. To get in the AmEx CL lounge you need to have the host have same day boarding pass, and then everyone needs to have access through security.

My thought is to pick up the UA Club gate pass at 1pm then use it later. Anyone arriving around the 1 - 1:30pm time frame can meet me and get gate pass through me (2 max allowed).

The powers-to-be decided that they only want go to the lounges on Sat night, and I guess the plan is stay at hotel and buy drinks there. But of course getting to the CL gives free food and free drink. Maybe some are planning to go out to dinner on Friday night, but I would think Sat would be the best night if you wanted to leave DFW grounds.

9. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone wanting to stop by the CL in this time frame (and doesn't have access) please post and PM me and I will provide info on getting access.

10. glocklt4

glocklt4 Active Member

Status Points:
    I feel sorry for anyone else at the CL not expecting a big group of travel nerds to come in and take over Fri :).

11. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure how many will stop by. But the place is already overcrowded.

Not many have posted here, but since this isn't really an organized event, people will just show up if they want to. I suspect even if this thread did not exist, many people would take advantage of their same day arrival boarding pass and already being inside security to stop by the CL for drink and food, since no hassle or organizing needed.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  12. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    If access is needed please post or PM.

13. smitty06

smitty06 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What time does centurion lounge close on Friday?

14. waylook

waylook Member

Status Points:
    I will be arriving around 1pm. I can guest 2 people.

15. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought it was 11pm, but the site says 10pm (all days). Also I am pretty sure the CL Spa facility closes at 8pm.

Location: Terminal D, opposite Gate D17 on the mezzanine. You can connect from any other terminal to Terminal D via the Skylink train. View Map

Hours: 5:30 am – 10 pm
    ----------------------

Admirals Club is also 10pm in Term D and C (9:30pm at Term A and B).

16. So Fly

So Fly New Member

Status Points:
    I want in for tomorrow. I can get through security for my "business meeting" in the AA lounge but am not sure about getting into centurion lounge w/out a true boarding pass. I do have Amex platinum...

17. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    I replied and will guest you in. Guests do not need to have a boarding pass. My two guest spots are already reserved, but others have posted that they will be there, and can guest.

So if you want to join - and have a way to get into security (or already in security), send PM and we will get you in.

18. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am at the host hotel doing nothing.... Any chance I could get a gate pass, and do I need a boarding pass for the CL? I have access to CL and ca guest 2......

19. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am at CL. I ran into jetstr at UA club. Ping him. He may be getting a group together. I do not want to leave security

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  20. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks.he said he could get me airside, but that getting to terminal E from the hotel is a pain in the a**....

21. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Saw some of you through the windows as I was walking to immigration about an hour ago. Have fun. :cool:

22. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are still folks here if you can get through security.