DFW-FRA-BKK

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by jmail1, Jul 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jmail1

jmail1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've never flown Lufthansa and am looking to do so for an award booking in F in a few months. Right now the best I can do is DFW-FRA on LH with a 12 hour layover in FRA then connecting to TG FRA-BKK. The good news is that the TG portion should be on their leased 777, but I'd rather fly on the earlier connection that day on either TG or LH.

I'm guessing I'll be stuck with the old F seats from DFW if I stick with that routing. We'll be flexible to change to a different routing closer to departure if anything opens up.

If we do end up on that DFW-FRA flight is there any chance it will be converted in F by then? From what I've seen the only 330s with new F are out of MUC?

For those that have flown both TG and LH in F on the FRA-BKK-FRA route, is there a notable difference? I can't find any recent trip reports for the 747 on either carrier for that route.

Thanks

2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Who's miles are you redeeming? its unlikely you'll be able to book any LH F seats until 15-30 days (or less) prior to departure. If you are using UA, what you are seeing is phantom availability and is not yet open for booking. If you give me a few more details, I can help steer you at least on the LH parts.

3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think TG starts using the A388 to Frankfurt soon do they not?

4. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    First flights I believe are regional (i.e., SIN and HKG or others) for training when delivery happens - supposed to be around Q3 2012 I believe. Then FRA and others will come online either Q4 2012 or Q1 2013. I can't remember where I saw this info, but it was either here or on FT.

5. jmail1

jmail1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll be converting Chase points over to MP, no status for me. The only flight I see any F on ever is DFW-FRA. I assumed that might be accurate because it's the old style F seats and possibly not a popular route. It's available both directions for me. Right now I can confirm F on the DFW-FRA (LH) and FRA-BKK(TG) along with the FRA-DFW(LH) and I can confirm Biz BKK-FRA (TG) This all according to the United site.

6. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Generally, LH seats opens F seats closer to departure date from whatever city has open seats, be it DFW or others. Keep checking if your preferred routing is something else.

7. Phly4Phun

Phly4Phun Silver Member

Status Points:
    LH First class can be found out of DEN, DTW, BOS and (sometimes) ORD, IAD, JFK as well