DFW AAdmirals Club D Terminal

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by garyst16, Oct 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was flying through DFW and stopped in to the AC in terminal D. It looked as though it had not been cleaned for quite some time. The tables were littered with empty glasses, coffee via, newspapers, you name it. Oh, I forgot to mention, the employee that should have been cleaning the Club...was flirting with an AS ramp attendant...

Very disappointed in the AC. And to think I just renewed last week ...

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Been in this club four times in the last month ( last as recent as Sunday) and it seemed fine to me. Are you talking about the whole club or just the bar area?

How do you know who was responsible for cleaning and why in the world would a AS ramp attendant even be in an AC?

3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Quite a few other AC to choose from in DFW, you could always hop over to one of them. :)

Generally speaking I've been very happy with the condition of most AC/FL I've been in. Lately that's been NRT/ORD/LAX/LHR. Despite being happy I did let my membership lapse. Since I fly mostly on international itineraries, I get access based on status. My domestic travel takes me to airports without ACs. If AA decides that building some new lounges in stations like DSM, MSP, or CLE will halt those bankruptcy rumors, I'll renew. :)

Ultimately I think every one/thing has a bad day. You might have caught them on one. If you show up a few more times at a few more locations and see the same thing, I'd be more concerned. I'm not sure a sample size of one is the best bet for evaluating value.

garyst16 likes this.
  4. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Generally speaking, I find the staff and cleanliness levels in the ACs superior to RC, whereas RC has a better selection of food and drink in dingy, dirty clubs with staff that just doesn't want to be there.

Mike Reed likes this.
  5. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    The ORD H-K club cleaners are VERY efficient - they try to clear away your cups and plates before you are finished :)

As for DFW-D, I've sometimes noticed that the banquette tables on the sides of the bar area are not cleared/cleaned the instant that the previous occupant leaves, but not unreasonably so.
    If I really want one of those coveted spots (because they have access to power outlets), I'll actually clear the table myself (cleaning the tabletop with one of the individually-wrapped sanitary wipes that I carry in my computer bag at all times).

6. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never had a real problem with DFW's AA clubs, and overall the "D" one seems the nicest of them to me. Some of the table attendants appear not all that cheerful and maybe even a language barrier if I recall, but no big deal. In fact I was reading posts elsewhere on Milepoint recently about the dirty condition of some United clubs, and thinking to myself that Admirals Club didn't seem to have that problem.

One problem I *have* had with Admirals Club -- in DFW but even more in LAX -- is that the membership reps seem not all that competent, nor cheerful, about handling one-day $50 passes as opposed to regular memberships. It seems to be more work for them.

7. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry for the late response, have been on vacation and trying to stay away from my computer!

Not to stereotype, however, the woman that I assumed was supposed to be cleaning was semi-cleaning the counter (wiping it down with a rag) as she was talking/flirting with an ramp attendant (dressed in typical AA dark blue pants/shirt and wearing his reflective yellow vest) so again, I assumed he was a ramp worker.

My typing skills were obviously off that day as I should have said AC (as in aircraft), not AS, and coffee "cups", not coffee via!

My previous experiences in the terminal D AC club have always been positive; hence my posting about what I witnessed!

8. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    DD - I have never experienced what I did that day in the Term D AC. You are right, though, we all have bad days...I just don't think what I witnessed would qualify for a "bad day"!

Since I was arriving and departing from T-D, I really didn't want to "airtrain" over to another AC.