Detroit airport opens indoor restroom for dogs

Discussion in 'Airports' started by sobore, Apr 25, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.dogheirs.com/elleng/posts/5486-detroit-airport-opens-indoor-restroom-for-dogs

[​IMG]

Dogs passing through the Detroit Metropolitan Airport now have an indoor restroom inside the McNamara Terminal to do their business.

Detroit Metropolitan Airport worked with Delta Air Lines to set up a special area for service dogs and officially opened the facility on Tuesday. The area is officially named Service Animal Relief Area and has been nicknamed "Central Bark" by some employees.

Read More: http://www.dogheirs.com/elleng/posts/5486-detroit-airport-opens-indoor-restroom-for-dogs

2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting this sobore! Yes, this is welcome for those pax travelling with their service dogs or those able to transport a small dog on a flight. However, one can imagine what might happen when a pax travelling with a cat decides to bring it to this area while dogs are present! :D

3. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    This story cracks me up! What a pisser! :rolleyes:

Newscience, bigx0 and blackjack-21 like this.
  4. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yikes!!! I better have my glasses on when heading to the can at that airport, lest I take a wrong turn and miss the urinals.

Newscience and gregm like this.
  5. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    As long as you don't navigate to the restrooms solely via scent like a dog would do you'll probably be ok.

Newscience and blackjack-21 like this.
  6. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good thinking! I'll be sure to hold my nose to be sure I wind up in the correct landing area. So if you happen to see someone on approach to the general area who's holding his nose while reaching for his glasses, just pretend you didn't notice me, as it'll be quite embarrassing.

Newscience likes this.
  7. xhunter33x

xhunter33x Silver Member

Status Points:
    Eeeek. On the other hand if they positioned those all around LGA it might improve the smell

Newscience and blackjack-21 like this.
  8. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a former hunter you should realize of course that it all depends on the windage. Nothing to do with "Depends" though. :rolleyes:

xhunter33x and Newscience like this.