Determining published routings

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by igloocoder, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've managed to book a mini-RTW in F based on MPM (leaving in 13 days even though my travel partner tried to put a stop to it by destroying her MCL last weekend). Once you find the MPM it's not that hard of a deal to sort out. The thing that I've never really understood is the concept of published routings. For example, if I wanted to book YYZ-SYD via that Atlantic, where would I go to start researching published routings?

2. c_9
    Original Member

c_9 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is not an efficient or foolproof method, but you can visit staralliance.com and search for options for the segment you're trying to do. This will only show valid routings that airlines are willing to offer; the site would never offer YYZ-YVR-YUL, for example, because that's not a valid routing with any member airline. But there's a ton we DON'T know about published routings, and helpful Aeroplan agents are your best resource by far.

3. janyyc
    Original Member

janyyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    How can you check routings on Experflyer?

4. YVR-Flyer
    Original Member

YVR-Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    My understanding is that you would check various fares for the city pairs you are considering and if a particular star member offers a particular routing (routing on Expert Flyer or KVS). No easy method other than testing the various fares/routings on each airline for that city pair.