Determine if Gogo inflight is avlaible

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by aviator8, Sep 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. aviator8

aviator8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife is going to be taking Delta flights:

DL295 and DL173 next week. I want to give her my gogo certificate I got from premium membership. How can I tell if these flights have that service?

2. traveller99

traveller99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Open her itinerary on line. Click on "Show Details" and if the flight in question has GoGo available you will see this:

[​IMG]

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  3. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    99‰ of domestic configured aircraft with first class seating (everything except crj200s) are gogo equipped.

4. aviator8

aviator8 Silver Member

Status Points:

HA, figures I have her booked on the 1% of flights that have no wireless! no [​IMG] on either flight.

5. aviator8

aviator8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    One more question. My wife has a tendency to get overwhelmed in places like busy airports. Is there some way to determine what gates she would be arriving at and departing from in NRT so that I can print and review how to get between the gates before she even leaves? If not the exact gates, is it possible to narrow it down by Delta has gates 1-10, and 20-25 or something like that?

6. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's more than 1% total, it's 1% of everything that isn't an international aircraft or a crj200 or other small plane with no F.

The international aircraft that she will be on have no internet because gogo only works over the US.

You could try looking up the flights on flightstats.com or flightaware.com to see if there is gate info. http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/airport_information/airport_maps/tokyo.jsp is helpful also.

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think looking at NRT maps for the DL gates will help much. Upon deplaning she'll be directed along an upper floor passageway to a security checkpoint and then dumped into the departures level of the terminal. Nothing it intuitive from the floor plan. Instead, one must look for a monitor showing gate assignments (and be patient for the English language pages to reappear) and then follow signs to the gate. Most gates are grouped in two more-or-less circular areas with their own DL lounge (SC) one level up, but one or two are tucked into a corner of a corridor. You simply must go with the flow and follow the signs to your gate. Despite this, NRT is an efficient and easy airport for DL connections.