Destination wedding- HELP!

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Tormey0206, Mar 22, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Tormey0206

Tormey0206 Active Member

Hello All,
    I am in desperate help of figuring out the most economical way to book flights for my upcoming wedding. I am originally from Miami, but am currently staying in Boston as I am planning my wedding. I am getting married July 12 in Boston, Massachusetts. Between now and then I must fly round trip from Boston to Miami for 7-9 days the first half of May (I was looking at the 10-19). I also need to fly my fiancé with me on my return to Boston (he is currently still living in Miami, so I only need a one-way). And lastly, I need to fly my photographer and (possible) DJ from Miami to Boston round trip for my wedding and put them up in a hotel for a few nights.

How can I stretch my miles?
    American AAdvantage 26,338 + 50,000 (at the end of April)
    United MilagePlus: 42,503
    Delta SkyMiles4,744

I have blocked a set of 10 rooms for my guest at the Hotel Indigo and can reserve nights for my photographer/DJ at $139 per night. I don't have any Hotel rewards programs yet. But any suggestion on programs would be appreciated.

2. lanac

lanac Active Member

With such a short hop, and the miles you currently have, redeeming domestic rewards for up and down the east coast usually doesn't make much sense unless you're booking with Avios. I live in MIA also, and when flying to Boston, I use 10k Avios one way. But I can almost always find something on a low cost carrier like JetBlue for FLL - BOS, for under $100, making point redemption not really worth it.
    Flyer1976 likes this.