Design: Placement of Alert Notice

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by IMGone, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    The screen doesn't scale based on the size of the window, so I'm often finding I have to scroll to the right to check the alerts box to see if there is a red counter flag being displayed. It'd be so much better if that flag could be positioned on the left side of the screen somewhere, saving me the scroll time.

Also of note, I really don't need to see what is on the right very often (suggested threads and my own stats) - my interest is on the forum or thread listing.

2. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You have to scroll right to find it? The design is really quite narrow, it fits comfortably even on my 12" laptop screen (1024x768). And if you make the window so narrow that the alerts box doesn't fit, then a whole lot of other text is cut off too.

Am I missing something?

3. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    As I mentioned, the stuff on the right (the profile, the recommended threads, etc) is not information I routinely look at or want. There is no other information I'm losing. I don't use a full screen browser - have too many windows that I'm usually moving between (I get bored easily [​IMG] )