DEQM/RDM Posting Schedule?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Explore, Jan 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I've done 10 segments eligible for DEQAA and DEQ11 since January 13. Within days the bonus miles posted for the first 3 segments, but more recently-traveled segments (since late Jan. 14) remain without bonus miles.

When can I expect them to post? If I called AA they'd probably tell me within 4 to 6 weeks, but that contradicts actual experience with the early segments.

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I talked to AA last week (not all DEQM posted), they confirmed the 4-6 weeks, so you'll just have to monitor your account.

3. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    they normally post every tuesday night. Check your miles added to the total because I had to call them twice and still not fixed, some flight miles were not added and when AA customer service request to add the miles, it goes into the bonus column which doesnt get included into the EQM, so AA keeps telling me to wait for all the flight posted and any missing points should be posted, so tonight will be the night that it should post, we will see tomorrow if I have to call them again.

4. AnthonyB1609

AnthonyB1609 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I called this morning and they told me 6-8 weeks which I thinks is silly because my status changed but the miles were never added. Then I told them that three if my first flights this year were still getting gold (25%) bonus. And he tells me that's because my status didn't change until after I did those flights. Which doesn't make any sense to me. After a long drive and time to think about it I think I will be calling tomorrow to fix that.

5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It's difficult to follow your story. Depending on when your TEQM/DEQM were posted, it's quite possible that the AAgent was correct.

rwoman likes this.
  6. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Looks like the (weekly for this promo?) sweep just hit tonight.

rwoman likes this.
  7. AnthonyB1609

AnthonyB1609 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ya sorry about that. I was saying that my PHX-LAX flight put me at PLT with the DEQM. Once i took that flight the EQM posted but the DEQM did not. Since I knew I was PLT ( because I new how many miles i had left to hit PLT) I booked more flights with the thought that they would go back and give me the bonus miles. Well 3 RT later PLT status from my DEQM shows up, the DEQM still not posted. I called and asked if they could back date the PLT bonus miles and they said no.

So now I am a little confused on why did it take so long to change status? Since the EQM posted the next day?

Sent from my iPad using milepoint

rwoman likes this.
  8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Seems like you have some confusion on when things are posting and when AA considers you a platinum.

Your EQM typically posts a day or two after your flight.

The TEQM/DEQM will post in batches as AA process flights. So even though you take a flight on which you earn TEQM/DEQM, you do not earn those EQM and any subsequent status until AA actually posts those TEQM/DEQM into your account. So AA won't be retroactively awarding you the PLT RDM bonus if your TEQM/DEQM miles did not post when you took your additional flights and your status had not updated.

You get your PLT RDM bonus and any other PLT benefits starting the day your status is updated and your TEQM/DEQM post. Not any sooner unfortunately.

9. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep - Just looked all credit for LHR-MIA-ATL-DFW-LHR posted.

:)