DEQM for ORD-SFO ORD-LAX for Illinois or California APPEARS to be back!

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Tivoboy, Nov 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,53880,00.html

Now we just have to figure out if it is for already purchased tickets or not!!!
    UPDATE: it doesn't! :-(

Reach elite status twice as fast

With double elite status miles and double award miles you can increase your balance and get closer to elite status.
    Travel and ticketing: November 3, 2011 through and January 31, 2012.
    Qualifying booking classes: F, A, J, C, D, Z, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V and W.
    Travel period: Register now and fly all qualifying roundtrips by January 31, 2012

Terms and Conditions:

Offer valid only for MileagePlus® and OnePass® members residing in Illinois or California. Residency will be determined by the primary address listed on the member’s account at the time of registration.
    Offer valid on round-trip itineraries for nonstop flights between Chicago O'Hare (ORD) airport and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) or Orange County (SNA). Itineraries with connecting flights into or out of ORD, LAX, SFO or SNA are eligible for this promotion however the bonus applies only to the segments between ORD and LAX, SFO or SNA.
    Registration is required before travel at www.united.com/offer/mpdb71.
    Members will earn double elite status miles (EQM) and double award miles on all paid published fares in F, A, J, C, D, Z, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V and W booking classes. Offer not valid on government fares.
    Offer valid on flights operated by United, United Express, Continental® or Continental Express®. Offer is not valid on United or Continental-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers
    Travel period: November 3, 2011 through January 31, 2012.
    Ticketing period: November 3, 2011 through January 31, 2012.
    Participation in this offer does not guarantee elite status.
    E-Ticket® purchase required.
    Double EQM and double bonus award miles are defined as two times the actual base flight miles credited to the account for qualifying flights taken during the offer period.
    Offer may be earned an unlimited number of times during the offer period.
    EQM and bonus award miles will be credited 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity.
    EQM earned in 2011 will count towards the elite status for the 2012 membership year; EQM earned in 2012 will count toward towards elite status for the 2013 membership year.
    This offer does not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, elite bonus miles, other promotional award miles or promotional EQM.
    Offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
    Passenger must be a member of United’s MileagePlus or OnePass frequent flyer program for travel to qualify for this offer. Flights must be credited to the MileagePlus or OnePass account in order to qualify.
    EQM cannot be redeemed for award travel.
    Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
    Award miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. The MileagePlus program, including accruals, awards and bonus mile offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United, Continental, and MileagePlus are registered service mark. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program visit mileageplus.com.

MPDB71

2. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm guessing no:
    7.​
    Ticketing period: November 3, 2011 through January 31, 2012.

3. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    yeah, I was just going to update that. they had me at #3, registration required before travel. bummers, I'll have to unbook and re-book a couple itins.

still, makes it easy to get to platinum for me.

4. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Quasiconvexity Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. Pat89339
    Original Member

Pat89339 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ugh to both the W and the shorter time period than AA.

6. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    at least it works on connections, but the W+ requirement is tough unless you're booking relatively close to your travel date.

7. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Jeez UA...how about including Nevada too? People in Chicago like flying to Vegas you know...and vice versa.

8. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well it works if you search for a SWU-fare on a connection to Europe or Asia... Cannot search for a W fare on the website if it is purely domestic.

Quasiconvexity likes this.
  9. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Quasiconvexity Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can specify fare class on CO's website.

10. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Basically if you can't really hold status, don't bother diluting the program...

cordray2643 likes this.
  11. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Bummer that there is no way to select minimum class on the .bomb site. I keep pulling up fares, want to book now but can't seem to get anything on than S to show up on ual.com. Bummer, might have to make a call and pay the damb FEESS!!!!

12. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    All UA and AA fliers in California and Illinois owe a big thank you to Virgin America for this.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  13. Scott Schmidt

Status Points:
    OK I will throw this out there... If my connecting flight is not on UA or CO metal, will I still get the DEQM on the California-ORD segments?

14. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    And ugh x2 :(

15. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup. Basically not going to help me at all.

goalie and Quasiconvexity like this.
  16. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I had to book a W fare, which was a real PIA to be able to do on the .bomb site. Anyway, it was only 50$ more than the S fare, so not too bad all in.

17. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Basically a promo totally useless to a majority of people in this forum. Guess I'll register just in case I accidentally stumble into a flight with the bonus... is this from the MP dining program? :confused:

Quasiconvexity likes this.
  18. bonnerbl
    Original Member

bonnerbl Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is 7,384 miles, $343.40 ai, 4.7 cpm. I'm going to do it in Jan.
    So if it is doubled that would be 2.3 cpm

19. bonnerbl
    Original Member

bonnerbl Gold Member

Status Points:
    How did you do it on the site? I ended up having to call to get the right class.

20. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I did the SWU trick and it presented W fares. It was every flight only but most.

21. AdamNYC

AdamNYC Active Member

Status Points:
    Anyone have any experience with changing address to CA or IL, and then changing it back again? Based on the T&C it seems I can change my mailing address to CA or IL, today, and then participate. Change back after bonus RDM and EQM are credited?

22. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't see why not. There is no stipulation that all flight segments of your itinerary be on UA or CO metal, just the DEQM-eligible segments between ORD-LAX/SFO/SNA.

23. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last time they did this, the rule was that your address had to be in CA or IL as of when the promotion was announced, although the rule seems to be different this time. So maybe.

I also notice not only is it class limited and shorter duration than AA, it doesn't include DFW like AA did. Guess what? We are seeing monopolistic pricing power already -- the merger should never have been approved.

24. Scott Schmidt

Status Points:
    Well there is item 5 "Offer valid on flights operated by United, United Express, Continental® or Continental Express®. Offer is not valid on United or Continental-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers"

However, I assume that just applies to the promo flights, not the whole reservation

25. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm trying to buy two one ways, does anyone know if two one ways wouldn't be considered a round trip for a promotion like this? In and out of same cities, SFO - ORD - SFO, just booked one in B and one in W.