Denver to Bangkok. Ideas?

Discussion in 'Cathay Pacific | Asia Miles/Marco Polo Club' started by noel, Jun 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. noel
    Original Member

noel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm heading off to Bangkok in March.

I'm booking one way using Continental miles on Asiana business and would like to book the other direction on Cathay Pacific business. I'm trying to use my 100,000 BA credit card bonus for this.

I can't seem to get the BA.com engine to show Denver to Bangkok on just Cathay Pacific. Any ideas? I guess I might have to piece it together manually, I'm just hoping there is an easier way.

Thanks!

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    With British AIrways miles you want to fly on one partner only. Cathay Pacific oesn't fly to Denver. Search for flights to Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Vancouver and you'll wind up separately doing one of those cities to Denver. Of course if you do Cathay to Los Angeles you have the option of Los Angeles - Denver on American for 12.5k in coach, if available.

Elusive and noel like this.
  3. noel
    Original Member

noel Silver Member

Status Points:
    cool. thanks for the tip! I guess I got confused with the code shares on the route map.

oops.

4. milestoburn
    Original Member

milestoburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    also, searching to DPS versus to BKK will allow you to zero in on the CX space to HKG versus having to muddle through BA options. you can also consider JAL out of those cities. again, seem to recall that searching to a place like Kagoshima or a place that BA does not fly to should show the segment to NRT. you could go via NRT and back via HKG and stop over in each place.

noel likes this.
  5. noel
    Original Member

noel Silver Member

Status Points:
    awesome. thanks for the tips! I'm already piecing this thing together.