Denied Pre-Check

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by fit4lifedc, Apr 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. fit4lifedc

fit4lifedc New Member

Status Points:
    It seems I have been denied Pre-check (I have Gold status). It might be because I forgot to unload my backpack and had a leatherman tool in it. I apologized and they confiscated it, treated it like it was no big deal. But now TSA says I may be in the dog house (no Pre-Check) for a while because of it. Any idea how long I will be out of the program? This is very frustrating for a first offense. (Granted a pretty big one) Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's surprising that just a recent incident would disqualify you. I'm not sure having something confiscated is an actual violation. PreCheck is generally denied due to convictions or certain scenarios (violations) as listed here:
    http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/eligibility-requirements

Unless:
    Screen Shot 2014-04-09 at 9.14.42 PM.png

Newscience likes this.
  3. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just wondering, how did they notify you? Were you applying and got denied or it got "taken" from you?

gregm likes this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    When this happened, did they write down your identifying details?

Did you pay $85 for the TSA program or have you been getting PreCheck through your Gold (what airline?) status?

Remember that PreCheck is supposed to be random. You can be denied for a flight for no reason at all except to make TSA security unpredictable.

Counsellor and gregm like this.
  5. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you have a trusted traveler number from Global entry? Or paid for the TSA program for Pre-check?
    Have you ever received Pre-check for a flight?
    Just because you are Gold status does not automatically get you Pre-check. Can you provide more information?

gregm likes this.
  6. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems like we are all on the same page here: story does not add up.