Denied for Chase United

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Singapore Flyer, Feb 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Surprisingly I got denied for the chase United. I received my sapphire and Marriott in October. Thought enough tine passed. The reps said that it was out right denied. Couldn't move credit around. Want to wait to see how I do after 6 months. They mentioned 2 other apps to other banks in the last couple of months. My credit score is over 780 and have crazy history with chase. Are they clamping down more than usual?

schen75, Espan and Kalboz like this.
  2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry to hear about the denial ... my understanding (someone correct me if I am wrong here) is that the time-period between Chase churns is 6 months.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  3. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, I did what a few bloggers have mentioned and called back again to a different number and found a nicer person. She offered up that I can indeed move credit around and got the card approved. I have to spend more to get my credit lines even higher if i want to move credit around down the road.

schen75, TheTravelAbstract and Espan like this.
  4. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Normally with chase you always get a get after reconsideration

Espan likes this.
  5. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm on almost exactly the same timeline. Actually, Sapphire Prefered in October and Marriott in November. And have been waiting to move on the United offer. Thanks for the info/heads up. Think I'll wait a little longer, as I don't hear many rumors that the United offer will disappear.

6. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

Status Points:
    After having a couple of their cards you will have to start calling in reconsideration line to get approved.

This is totally normal operating procedure and I am glad you figured it out and didn't chalk it up as a loss.

Good job.

With Chase you can apply 35 days after your most recent application but that is a bit risky and should only happen if it was your first Chase card in awhile. 95 days sounds like it could have been appropriate as well. But it is better to be safe than sorry.

travelpye likes this.