Denied Chase SWA card 7/30/13, reapply now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by govtmule, Oct 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. govtmule

govtmule Active Member

Status Points:
    On 7/30/13, I applied for both the Chase SWA personal and business cards.
    I was approved for the personal but denied the business card.
    I called the reconsideration line four times, but given the same answer each time.
    They said I have too many new Chase cards (approved for two on 5/14/13, one 2/11/13 and one in November 2012).

I knew it might be too many too soon, but I wanted to try to get the SWA companion pass with the two cards at a 50k bonus.

Now, that the SWA business card is back to 50k, should I try again, or is it too soon?

2. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    You've got until Oct 30th to apply for the current 50k offer. I'd wait till as close to that date as you can stand, then maybe try again. Make sure you've paid off your card's balances in the interim. Write a script of the reconsideration call. Be prepared to trade one or more existing cards or credit lines to get the new card. Know why (what you're going to tell them anyway, which isn't about the bonus) you need the new card (my travel plans have changed, I'll be flying a lot more on Southwest as a result...)

3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if a trade is gonna work due to personal vs business.

4. govtmule

govtmule Active Member

Status Points:
    So, there's a question on the business card application about being denied credit by Chase in the last 6 months.
    Is my denied application three months ago considered denied credit? I assume it is, but just checking to be sure.

Will I automatically be declined if I answer I have been denied?
    If so, or even if it's likely, would it be better to wait until it's been over six months since they application denial?

5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a Chase Business Checking account, I put may name and my wife's name on the checking account, we both have different Chase BusinessCredit Cards,

Last time I called on the recon line, I ask the agent to check my checking account balance, and he OK'd the request.

Applied for the SW Business the other day and noticed they are asking for the average balance, on the checking account.

6. govtmule

govtmule Active Member

Status Points:
    We just ended up applying for the two SWA cards for my wife.
    She was approved for both.

7. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I rotate the CP at SW, next year she will take me along for $2.50, and she buys her ticket.

This year she turns in $5.00 for her round trip air fare, on her expense account, the company loves it. .

Sometime one has to wonder how long this game is going to be played. Look for the points to be increased.

8. royce242

royce242 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would.

Everyone gripes about whether or not to apply for another card after being denied. I've found that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to whether a CC company denies or accepts your application. I was denied a CHASE card for months and months and months and just reapplied for a SWA CC last week and got accepted. I also reapplied for an NFL CC (after being denied last month) and also got accepted. I have no idea what changed in one month but need less to say, I have both cards now.

I say go for it! Good luck.