DEN RCC employees go the extra mile!

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by legalalien, Sep 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ok, we've all read stories on MP, FT, and other forums about RCC employees being rude, arbitrarily, denying access, etc. I want to share a different one, and I hope it helps balance public opinion a bit.

I was enjoying Ch. 9 chatter last night on board DEN-ORD flight, after a long business trip that followed a week of flying around with the SMD3 folks. Seat 2F on UA A320 is no match for 2K on LH A380, but at least I was flying home. Most people had already boarded, and it looked like standbys were being processed (20+ names on the list, with 4 seats left). All of a sudden I heard my name and, "If you're on board please ring your FA call button". I did just that, thinking that either I was being kicked back into Y (though UDU cleared long time ago), or being upgraded to a jump seat in the cockpit. Instead, a UA employee came up and handed me my work phone, which I used about 40 min ago at the DEN RCC West for a looong conference call. She quickly exited as the door is getting closed, and I was left thinking that I should have been stingier with GTEM certificates earlier in the year.

Mind you, there isn't anything on the outside of the phone identifying its owner, and no quick link to see owner information on the home screen, so it took some ingenuity, quick thinking, and customer service skills to figure out my name and the flight I was on, and go through the trouble of walking to the gate. Ok, the last bit was easy - the flight departed from B32, next door to the club - but the first one was not.

Kudos to DEN RCC West staff. I just wrote a letter to 1kvoice, and I hope UA will do something nice for them.

jupper, adambadam, lohiadk and 11 others like this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Its stories like these that makes me proud of the United/Continental folks when the going gets tough!

mowogo, legalalien and Jubileesmom like this.
  3. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    A good story and glad to hear someone took the initiative to get your phone to you.

4. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great story, OP. AFAIK, DEN RCC staff are just that, they don't stay in just the west or east rooms. A physical description of the person to the 1K Voice folks might help in giving credit where credit is due.

Because, you're right, things aren't as pleasant (from what I've learned), and I'm sure that "attaboy" would look good in that UA employee's file.

5. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    A very nice job by the employee(s) involved and thanks for sharing

6. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Back in the days of the "1K rooms" they had some great folks at DEN. Perhaps some are still there, working the RCC?

7. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    That, or the GS office at DEN.

8. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very cool, I always write 1K when an employee goes over and beyond ;)

9. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wonderful story. Please do write to UA and say thanks with the details.

10. lohiadk

lohiadk Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great to see some employees still believe in going the extra mile to make the customers happy.