DEN-IAH-LAX

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by guberif, Sep 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Noob question, but I need to fly DEN-LAX on 12/2/12, and am wanting to force a connection through IAH so I can get on the Dreamliner from there to LAX. What's the best way to do that? Should I search UA website under the "multiple destinations" option to define each leg? (IAH is obviously not a natural connection on DEN-LAX). Thanks in advance.

2. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just click the "advanced search" option and then do a "multiple destinations" search.
    Just a heads up, for some reason when I checked it was only giving a "P-fare" for the 787 IAH-LAX flight???

3. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's weird.... It's actually showing the P fare for all the IAH-LAX flts....help!

4. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't help you, but maybe call UA because other fares are available, just not showing on the web:confused:

5. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    i try to avoid calling UA at all costs.......:eek:

6. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    this has gotta be a SHARES glitch (I know, shocker). Even ITA shows only First fares available...

7. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bump.... Still seeing the P fare issue. Any thoughts?

8. snod08
    Original Member

snod08 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Probably not a SHARES glitch.

Thats probably the cheapest fare with the combination of routes/flights you chose.
    Sometimes multi-city works that way....it could be that LAX-IAH and IAH-DEN are combinable only with a P-fare. No wonder ITA shows the fare as well.

9. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Even for a one-way flight? I've searched a one-way IAH-LAX flight in economy, and every single flight (minus the last one) only shows P available. Seat maps show tons of E available. Pic attached.

Attached Files: