Delta's REAL first-class cabin

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by sobore, Jul 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/morning_roundup/2011/06/deltas-real-first-class-cabin.html

Sure, there's the first-class area you maybe sit in, or more likely, walk through. Bigger chairs, drinks, maybe a pillow. That's nothing.

Reuters reports on Delta's true top-level service: Delta Private Jets, which cater to — obviously — extremely high-end customers.The airline has been adding planes to the service, and now there are 43 of various sizes. Costs range from about $5,000 to $10,000 per hour, and more if you fly abroad. You can see the numbers here.

DeltaExpert and jbcarioca like this.
  2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    DeltaExpert and jbcarioca like this.
  3. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeh, but you're still flying Delta...:p

4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's actually pretty good compared to some of the other charter services. Fractional ownership at Netjets starts at $250k IIRC.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    And you can do better yet if you do your own charter planning and skip the big guys overhead. Of course that is work.

rwoman and MyMiles&Points like this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder whether the DM and PM cards that come with this include the ability to select SWUs.

7. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    A lot of work... and a lot of being chased like they're telemarketers. I looked into Marquis before they were acquired, and they hounded me like crazy. Emails, calls... I still get postcards and letters from them and now their parent company Netjets.

8. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    If anyone really wants Diamond Status just buy a jetcard....

9. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have the scars to prove your point! There is much less hassle, as a rule, if you're dealing with the general charter market rather than the big fractionals. That, however, is certainly a lot of work.

viguera likes this.
  10. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed.
    I have used Lufthansa Private Jet a couple of times (an no, not on the infamous mileage promotion of last year). I have also used a local guy here in Europe who has four planes stationed in South-Central Europe (2 jet, 2 prop). If you have a few people and need to make a day trip it is very convenient and costs the same as commercial (break even at 4 people- no flights over 2 hours each way). It is a bit of hassle- however I really cant see the advantage of Netjets etc unless a very large company who has a lot of people flying private with differing flight plans assistants etc.

viguera and jbcarioca like this.
  11. The private jet service offered thru Delta is a good product if your work and revenue warrants it, but a brief conversation with one of their sales staff disclosed the large PREPAY component that made it cost prohibitive for us. in our business, you have lost the battle before you even fight it if you arrive on a private jet.