Delta's "Earn up to QUADRUPLE MILES" on Amex/Skymiles Shopping

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by new555, Nov 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Does anyone get this Quadruple thing? If you "register" for the Amex/Skymiles shopping bonus, it says "Holiday Earnings are here. Get in the Holiday spirit with incredible savings and top products from top brands and earn up to QUADRUPLE miles"

I keep trying to review the fine print, but can't seem to find what "up to Quadruple" really means? Some merchants show 4 or even more than 4 bonus miles per dollar already, so where does the Quadruple thing come in? Is it saying that whatever I would qualify for normally, then they will quadruple it?

Example:

Spend $100 at Sears when they have the X4 per dollar promo on, so that's 400 miles. Is the Amex/Delta Skymiles shopping deal saying they will x4 that too (to 1600)? I also don't see where the "up to" thing comes into play. I am sure I must be missing it.

2. Handleman20

Handleman20 Silver Member

Status Points:
    From what I can tell, they used that whole strikethrough font to show the "Look! Now it's FOUR miles instead of one" so that would be the up to 4x the miles. I agree it's a little oddly worded though.

3. MalcoveMagnesia
    Original Member

MalcoveMagnesia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there a registration link for this promotion?

4. Delta Points
    Original Member

Delta Points Silver Member

Status Points:
    skymall always pays 5x miles but most the time not worth it. the 25k promo is coming back soon however!