Deltas Business Class Passengers Get Free No 1 Lounge Gatwick Access

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by sobore, May 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.skyclub.com/news/2011/05...ssengers-get-free-no-1-lounge-gatwick-access/

Delta Air Lines has signed an agreement with No.1 Traveller allowing Delta Business Class passengers and Elite Members of Delta’s frequent flyer scheme to use their new lounge at Gatwick airport for free.
    No. 1 Traveller opened the ‘super lounge’ at Gatwick’s North Terminal last week. The lounge area features a complimentary bistro-style menu, a fully tended bar, mini-cinema, family rooms, games rooms and free Wi-Fi throughout.
    There’s also a Travel Spa where with showers and a range of spa and salon services, such as manicure, pedicure, massage, facials, hairdressing and rufa fish foot massage. Passengers who need to catch up on work can take advantage of the Business Centre, which is equipped with computer stations, print and fax facilities, self-service refreshments and private meeting rooms.
    Passengers can have foreign currency delivered to the lounge, book travel insurance online and take advantage of the personal shopper service from World Duty Free.

Italy98 and jbcarioca like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    This could ge good! The last few times I flew through LGW in Y, they provided access to the Servisair Lounge which was small and limited in scope. :)

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It doesn't say, but they surely charge for hairdressing services and I would hence assume also massages, manicures, and pedicures.

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    Rats, I'm flying to Heathrow so no mani's or pedi's for me...

Italy98 and jbcarioca like this.
  5. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    While it does not offer manis or pedis, the SkyTeam Lounge @ LHR is one of the best! :)

jbcarioca and FetePerfection like this.
  6. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Decent food offerings (I prefer the food at breakfast), a bar with a wide variety of drinks, showers if needed, massage chairs, lots of seating, computers, video games, magazine,s and newspapers are all offered in this lounge. The upper level tends to be quieter. In the seating area to the far end (to the right after entering the club), there are both UK 220v and US 110v plugs - the desk can also give you an adapter during your stay...you will see a sign about adapters to the front of the club...I'm responsible for the little power outage that caused the posting of the sign. :)

bakedpatato, Italy98 and jbcarioca like this.
  7. Italy98
    Original Member

Italy98 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are you saying you are (were) a power hog? ;) :eek:

8. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haha. Right after the T4 lounge opened, I plugged in my American Tourist adapter (that I had used ALL over the world) on the upper floor of the club and POP - all the power to the outlets, TV screens, etc. went out. The bar/food area still had power and I had a burned out universal plug adapter. The sign appeared shortly after that ... not necessarily the notoriety one needs in life.. My sister took a pic of it a few weeks ago when she flew out of LHR - if I can find it, I'll post it...lol.

:)robin

bakedpatato likes this.
  9. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fly VS next time...

10. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure I'll be flying anywhere if the volcano continues -

11. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you had to be stranded, the lhr clubhouse wouldn't be too far down my list!

I think you said this is a work trip for you. I hope everything comes together for you. You have a tough business!

sobore and FetePerfection like this.