DeltaAssist now on Facebook

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Indiana Delta Diamond, Mar 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Indiana Delta Diamond Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    help with what? flight rebookings due to crazy snow storms?

3. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That would be one thing they could help with.

4. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess I can use that to report the FA who told us to pay off credit card debt and pray every day.

5. DYKWIA
    Original Member

DYKWIA Silver Member

Status Points:
    They may not (yet) have the best IT system or website, but this connection to customers via social media is another area that Delta is leading the way! Kudos to DL.

culverlake, mtkeller and BondAir007 like this.
  6. BondAir007
    Original Member

BondAir007 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree.

7. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe they could hire some IT people from Facebook or Twitter for a couple of weeks.

weegiewife likes this.
  8. n301dp
    Original Member

n301dp Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have reported good and bad conduct to @deltaassist on Twitter. Both were taken with professionalism!

culverlake likes this.
  9. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone used the Delta Assist feature on Facebook yet? Are they the same agents who do it on twitter?

Skyvillager likes this.
  10. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know if this works like just like twitter? On demand help?

11. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe you fill out a form and then they email you the response....

Skyvillager and ryandc99 like this.
  12. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it on demand? Like the twitter? Not a large delay like emailing Delta?

13. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't tried it yet but I think you should get one on demand like 10-30 mins?

From their Facebook site
    Welcome to Delta Assist — we're here to help in any way we can. Questions? Comments? Concerns? We'll quickly get back to you with the information you need.

Whatever that means

Skyvillager and ryandc99 like this.
  14. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That would be fabulous... I can't get the twitter thing to work... they never respond to me.

15. MJonTravel
    Original Member

MJonTravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Delta has embraced social media of all forms in an almost impressive way for a big old company. The Facebook platform is for responses from 24 to 72 hours. If you need immediate help, reach out via Twitter to @DeltaAssist. It's best to send them a DM....or at least I've found the responses to be shockingly fast when doing so. If you just "tweet" to them, they may or may not see your message in a timely manner.

Just an example of one experience. I was invol'd from DL to AA for my outbound flight. When the time came to check in for my return, delta.com could not. I imagined that my PNR had become someone convoluted due to my initial reroute. I sent @DeltaAssist a message from CocoCay in the Bahamas...Royal Caribbean's private island. Within 5 minutes, @DeltaAssist had responded that I should be able to check in. Once I got back on the ship that afternoon, I went to the internet cafe, and immediately checked in for my flight home. No need to make a phone call, or take a chance on sorting it out at the airport. Data roaming was 4 or 5 bucks, but I consider that a pretty cheap investment.

ryandc99 likes this.
  16. Elizabeth Smith
    Original Member

Elizabeth Smith Active Member

Status Points:
    I have to agree with MJonTravel, I've had very prompt, efficient, and customer-friendly assistance from @DeltaAssist. The team of agents was very helpful during these winter storms this season.

17. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good for delta. Any way to avoid talking on the telephone is fine with me .

18. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems easier than Twitter. Good for Delta. Delta's email response time makes it less than useful for problems that need immediate answers. So far this service seems to excel at quick responses. More importantly, the people responding work hard to make things right even when they do not have to do so.

19. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you used the fb assist yet?

Skyvillager likes this.
  20. jl1231

jl1231 New Member

Status Points:
    I used it yesterday and received a unsatisfactory answer from someone who clearly hadn't read my message. I filled out the form about a bad experience I had boarding in JFK to fly to AMM. This involves going through preboarding security after you already go through the TSA checkpoint. It's identical but done in the boarding area and NOT by TSOs. You walk through another WTMD and your bags are screened by an x-ray machine. This is what I sent DeltaAssist yesterday:

This is the response I received today from "Megan":

So when Megan says it's TSA, I realized that she barely read my message. I responded that her
    message was "disheartening" because she clearly didn't read my message and asked her to have
    someone else read my message and respond.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  21. DonV.Smith
    Original Member

DonV.Smith Gold Member

Status Points:
    FYI regarding Delta IT & the various apps... When Delta and NWA merged, they basically went the lowest common denominator - with regard to computer systems. It was faster to down-grade and merge systems then to upgrade.

Now that the merger of IT systems is all but complete (close enough, at least), Delta is investing in upgrading / modernizing systems. It all takes time, of course... but my guess is improvements will start rolling out in the next 4-6 months and continue to do so regularly for a couple of years or so.

I'm a computer geek who has been pursued on a few occasions to help transform Delta's IT... But I have a good thing going elsewhere. Plus, I wouldn't be traveling - they loose my revenue on flights and I'd lose my flying and hotel status's that I'm working so hard to build up [​IMG]

22. LN-MOW
    Original Member

LN-MOW Silver Member

Status Points:
    With the FB Assist, DL took a big step backward. The left the wall, and now it is turning into an unmanaged bitchfest defended by occational employees and other Delta faithfulls - often responding rudely. Delta still does not understand Facebook, and abandoning their wall proves it. Look to the European airlines .. SAS, Swiss, Norwegian .. even ol' Lufthansa ... busy walls with dialogues ..

Who makes these stoopid decisions?

23. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Status Points:
    This doesn't have anything to do with FB Assist, per se. Delta had a FB page well before they had FB Assist. I went to their page after reading this and noticed nothing...because it defaulted to Delta entries and not "most recent". I am not sure I get your message on Delta not understanding Facebook.

24. LN-MOW
    Original Member

LN-MOW Silver Member

Status Points:
    Delta previously had dedicated agents responding to posts on their wall. These are now gone. The only postings they do now is marketing messages. If you select 'Everyone' and 'Most Recent' in the top right corner of the page, you can see postings made by customers. (Some users here are also among those)

25. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any more recent experiences using Delta Assist on Facebook?

Skyvillager likes this.