Delta, Why would they?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Keef, Aug 23, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Keef

Keef Active Member

Status Points:
    We are about to set off on vacation (23 days time) and always look for flights with personal entertainment if possible.

The first leg of our flight is not really important as it is a quick hop (30 mins) from Columbia SC (CAE) to Atlanta but the flight from Atlanta to Las Vegas is over 4 hours.

I was able to get the individual systems both ways but as regular as clockwork Delta changes flight timings and aircraft!

Our original flights out remain the same but the return flight is now 30 minutes earlier and with a different aircraft the entertainment is now communial. Of course Delta like most airlines, gives you the chance to change flights if you are not happy with the new timings.

The trouble is, BOTH of the later, 11am and Noon flights are without any TV screens whatsoever?

The flights are almost four hours and given the recent deluge of Delta's push to advertise the new and upgraded on board entertainment I cannot understand why they would schedule aircraft without any entertainment?

Oh I am sure it will/they have radio and or wifi on board but that isn't quite the same is it, especially if you have purchased a first or business class ticket?

The mind boggles?

Keith.

Newscience likes this.
  2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Schedule changes and equipment swaps happen, unfortunately. They can't just not use their planes without individual ife.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are these flights equipped with the new DL system (through GoGo) that streams entertainment onto a laptop or device?

4. Keef

Keef Active Member

Status Points:
    That's presuming everyone has a device capable of connecting? The flights I considered indicate wifi (GoGo) available for purchase..

As I said the flight is 4 hours long, so perhaps those aircraft should be utilized on shorter routes.

Keith.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  5. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    I usually fly on the old regional jets. If there is entertainment on board, its a bonus. But I never expect it. The movies on my iPad keep me entertained. But I know what you mean about the advertising of new and improved planes. or "a new plane ever week" I think thats American. My ass never rides in one. lol

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not entirely clear which date you're looking at or which specific flights but DL1402 on both 16 and 17 September do have in-seat IFE.

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm talking about the new system that DL announced where GoGo will stream entertainment in flight. There might be a charge for some of the content in coach, but you apparently don't need to pay the regular GoGo fees for this, just like you don't pay to go to the delta.dumb website.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  8. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just a quick comment, I was on one of the newest aircraft in DL fleet from SEA to MSP on a red eye this week. Sat up front with an amazing touch screen entertainment system and other nice amenities. I hope if there is an equipment swap, it's to one of those. I don't remember the aircraft type but co-pilot said it was brand new.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  9. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You might have been on a Boeing 737-900ER with the new IFE system.

[​IMG]

10. FetePerfection
    Original Member

Status Points:
    yep I think you are correct. However the screen in biz was waaay bigger!!

Flyer1976 likes this.
  11. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let me ask you this Fete... Was it a single or double aisle aircraft? ;)

12. FetePerfection
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Single aisle and only 5 rows of seats in business class. I didn't check out the back but the aircraft really was impressive looking including very large overhead bins, ceiling panels of space-age looking lighting and good looking overhead panels for individual lighting and air vents. Oh and very quiet even on take-off. Overall I was pretty impressed.

WilliamQ and Flyer1976 like this.
  13. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It definitely was a Boeing 737-900ER then. :)

WilliamQ and FetePerfection like this.
  14. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    @Keef , surely, by now, you know the answer to this and every other question about DL's services and product....but just in case, I will help you out.

A:

Because.

It.

Is.

[​IMG] MEJOR EN SU CLASE [​IMG]