Delta wants to be "Most Trusted Airline"

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Wandering Aramean, Jun 23, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    pretentious much, Delta?

4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Delta is "most trusted" with doing exactly what?

jbcarioca, Gargoyle and mht_flyer like this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    So if UA applied for a trademark for "The world's most mistrusted airline" they would presumably get that through without any issues? ;)

Gargoyle, Flyer1976, MX and 3 others like this.
  6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, because it was denied in part for being "descriptive of the alleged merit of applicant’s services."
    :p

7. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, it would open itself up to all sorts of drama.....

jbcarioca, Gargoyle and Newscience like this.
  8. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many, many TM'd slogans are the furthest thing from the truth. As a Delta die-hard fan(atic), I can't blame them for applying.

9. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Come fly the friendly skies.

10. BamaGirl
    Original Member

BamaGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd like to see who the person is who thought this one up.

jbcarioca, Newscience and Gargoyle like this.
  11. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I think it was redtailshark.

Newscience, BamaGirl and Flyer1976 like this.
  12. BamaGirl
    Original Member

BamaGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
  13. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    We're best in class, trust us?

14. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    We love to fly, and it shows.....

Anyone else remember that one?

(or Silver bird, take me where, there's something special in the air.)

Newscience and jbcarioca like this.
  15. BamaGirl
    Original Member

BamaGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    How about another former slogan--Delta is ready when you are. If my recent flights are any indication, it's a good thing they didn't pull that one out of the slogan graveyard :rolleyes:.

16. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you had many delays / cancellations recently?

17. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I trust them. When they make a rate mistake- I pay. When they incorrectly record my booking- I Pay. When they are late or cancel they send a questionnaire that they ignore afterwards. When I transit ATL I get good exercise and actually don't mind most delays. On board international business elite the FA's mostly ignore the customers except to sometimes greet one by name before ignoring them thereafter- I trust them to get that correctly every time. The food and beverage is constantly revised, now with the alleged help of Michelle Bernstein, but the food is still awful, partly because the FA's overheat it every time- I trust that consistency.
    Finally, we have little choice but to rely on DL if we choose to travel with them, so indeed all of us "trust" them.

So, I think the Patent and Trademark Office should reconsider the case. Being "trusted" can be simply depended upon rather than "trustworthy" something else entirely. of course they may not have intended that meaning.;)
    • "place reliance on (luck, fate, or something else over which one has little control).
      "trusting to the cover of night, I ventured out"

admittedly that usage is the last verb definition of the several choices from Google, but it is the one I choose.:rolleyes:

Newscience likes this.
  18. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow! What a horrid experience! Does Delta ever have international crews/FAs on their international flights?

I recall some years ago travel in steerage class on AA flights to and from Ecuador. The American-based crew were stingy in their service on the trip south, and I recall having to pay for an alcoholic drink. On the return flight, the Central American-based AA crew started serving free alcoholic drinks shortly after takeoff (and in the morning!). When I asked about it, I was told by the FA: "We're on an international flight, why shouldn't all the drinks be free?".

And my business class trip a few months ago from MIA to MAD on AA with a Latin crew was similarly a great experience. It sounds like Delta needs to loosen up a bit, especially with their international business class passengers!

jbcarioca likes this.
  19. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    All in all DL is not really so horrible. However, in contrast to AA, who always go out of their way to be helpful, and almost always waive change fees and other such items, DL never does IME. Their higher prices are also an irritant because of that poor service. However the DL hard product, that is the new business seats, are very good and make up for a lot. Easy transfers at ATL are also a benefit. I do complain about DL but as you see, I do continue to fly them, unlike several others that i refuse to fly.

Newscience and BamaGirl like this.
  20. BamaGirl
    Original Member

BamaGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    3 mechanicals and 2 delays (which were not weather related) out of my last 8 flights. No cancellations.

WilliamQ and jbcarioca like this.
  21. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes... That would certainly have ruined an impression. I hope they did an acceptable job in service recovery though. Have you tried reaching out to them with your specific experience? Out of the total flights they operate, 5 issues might not register much but as these impacted you (almost back to back) individually, they might be inclined to offer you something in the attempt to mitigate the bad experience you had.

jbcarioca likes this.
  22. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had three delays in a row, and received questionnaires about treatment after each one. I neither asked for or received compensation.Factually, I don't think it would have been justified anyway, since they handled the delays reasonably well anyway.

BamaGirl and WilliamQ like this.
  23. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    For most FF, having flown many flights on various airlines one time or another, its easier to let things slide (I agree with your above assessment mostly as long as I got to where I need to go in a timely fashion) but I can also see incidents like yours make a permanent negative impression on a new / infrequent flyer who will subsequently start telling anyone and everyone to avoid airline ??? as in his/her experience, it is always (100%: 3/3) unreliable (which is also factually accurate).

jbcarioca likes this.
  24. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    True, I listened to one seemingly intelligent person making comments just as you describe when we were a few hours late getting out of ORD, just like all the other people on every carrier. DL was not responsible for all that. I told the timid flyer all that, and tried to help her minimise her pain, but I've no idea if I actually helped at all.

WilliamQ likes this.
  25. BamaGirl
    Original Member

BamaGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Believe it or not, after almost 4MM on DL, I have had worse streaks. When it happens, it is annoying. But, it all seems to even out--I'd had a good run of on time flights before this streak. I don't need any more miles, so unless DL reaches out to me (which has happened very rarely in the past), I just consider it a part of travel.

WilliamQ likes this.