Delta Vacations eCertificate?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Ed Chandler, Jul 14, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Ed Chandler Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, ... the wife has some Hallmark points that she needs to use or lose, and one of her options is a $100 Delta Vacations eCertificate. When I look online, Delta Vacations appears to be nothing more than a Delta-owned site that lets you bundle air+hotel or air+car, etc.

So, does anyone have experience with these eCertificates?

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've used them in the past... you can pay with cash & miles (as long as the vacation is 2+ days), and you can add the cert at the end to show you how much cash you need to pony up.

Some of their deals are ok... some, not so much. They seem to favor Marriott properties, although they have a few Hyatts they use also in DC and other places. They have some Best Western properties as well, and some off-the-wall nasty looking ones, so caveat emptor? :)

3. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Ed Chandler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cool. Let me be more specific.
    Can you get JUST a flight, or JUST a hotel with them, or are you pretty much stuck with Delta flight + something else in a bundle?

viguera likes this.
  4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not that I know of. It's always been a package... Air + hotel, air + car, etc.

Then again you can try booking something on the Delta site and using the cert at checkout and see what happens.