Delta Upgrade Success?

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by Mike Reed, Sep 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    MVP Gold, here (not 75K). Unofficially I think I'm running 20-30% upgrades for the year on DL flights. I get much better success on mainline, but I've even had Connection flights where I caught the upgrade (DTW-AUS). Got it again tonight, 2 of 3 so far this week (tonight was a 757 AUS-ATL that was nowhere near full).

What are other's success with DL upgrades based on AS status?

marcwint55 and Kalboz like this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't have AS status, but my Delta platinum has been good for upgrades on AS about 80% of the time. We usually fly BUR to SEA as the youngest daughter is in school there.

3. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good to know it works the other way around, too!

4. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    We're about 5 months away from the number of elites to hit a max -- then some of us go around go, some of us go back to coach (or even better get to stay home)

Right now it's a function of where you go and when you go there.

DTWBOB

5. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Silver here: about 20-25%. But then I tend to choose wide open flights for booking.

6. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Quite frankly I'm amazed at your upgrade percentage, Mike. I doubt you're flying a heavy Sat morning schedule.

7. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Matt - I'm not. Most of my Delta flying is mid-week... so it definitely has something to do with schedule and location.

Violist - I'm glad to hear they're upgrading Silvers, that's a good indication of what/when there might be something left for AS fliers who are upgraded after you are.

8. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm also somewhat surprised that your luck is more on mainline than the RJs. The CR9s and E175s have as many F seats as the A320s at half of the total capacity. It's impressive how strong of an effect flying on days other than sun/mon/thu/fri has on elite load.