Delta Updates Same-Day Confirmed Travel Program for Premium Cabin

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Flyer1976, Mar 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now there's a customer friendly policy change.

DL to allow SDCs for Premium Cabins without requiring the same fare class to be available.

Effective today, March 18, 2014, Delta has modified its same-day confirmed travel program for customers ticketed in a premium cabin (BusinessElite, First or Business Class) for travel within the U.S. or for travel between the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. For travel on or after March 18, 2014, Delta will allow customers to confirm a same-day change to their itinerary if there are seats available in the same premium cabin instead of requiring the same booking class as on the original ticket to be available. All other same-day confirmed program rules apply. There are no additional changes to the same-day confirmed program and no changes to the same-day standby program.

Please note that the above policy change does not apply to tickets booked using Unlimited Complimentary Medallion Upgrades.

To view complete details and terms and conditions about Delta’s same day travel options, please visit delta.com/samedaytravel or click here. For complete SkyMiles program rules, please visit Membership Guide & Program Rules.

Additional Information

The same-day confirmed program and the same-day standby program are subject to change and the rules in effect on the date of travel will apply, regardless of the date of ticket purchase.

gregm, USAF_Pride, Newscience and 2 others like this.
  2. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder how the A/P fares fit in here?

ballardFlyer, gregm and Flyer1976 like this.
  3. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's the real question.

It sure looks like we should now have unlimited SDCs on those. Of course, the devil is in the details...

ballardFlyer and gregm like this.
  4. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe I can "test" it today. Although flight options out of SHV aren't plenty. Plus I am continuing on to SAT. I can turn this into a possible MR by going ATL-MSP/JFK/DTW-SAT as any of those options get me in around the same time as my original flight. Somehow I think it would be tempting fate to try it tho. Nothing good comes of NY airports.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    DiverDave and Flyer1976 like this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know how this would work if an upgrade had been confirmed using SWU/RUC/miles and the ticket were already reissued? The announcement says that the policy doesn't apply to free eliite upgrades and then refers to people being ticketed in FC/business rather than having paid a FC/business class fare.