Delta surveys

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Italy98, Apr 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Italy98
    Original Member

Italy98 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am certain that some of, if not most of, us have received a survey or two regarding a flight. Mrs. Italy received one for each segment of our trip to ANU in Jan which she completed and submitted. Imagine our surprise when the following turned up in our email in-box:

Your message was deleted without being read on Saturday, April 16, 2011 12:09:10 AM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).

Final-recipient: RFC822; Survey.ACS@delta.com
    Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; deleted
    X-MSExch-Correlation-Key: S1JljlD5/EuG5FfZEYBhLA==
    Original-Message-ID: <4D482343.9020209@spamcop.net>
    X-Display-Name: ACS, Survey

Makes one wonder how many other surveys were "deleted without being read", not to mention why is DL wasting resources if they didn't intend on reading the surveys. :mad:

2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    If that's all you received back, that's more likely to be an indication that you have a virus infestation vs. what you're implying happened, and probably most likely of all just an indication that some email address list or database includes both her and Delta surveys.

The surveys I've been sent have all been web-based. I highly doubt that they get transmitted to Delta as an email with you listed as the sender.

Many times viruses/worms/malware will harvest your address book and email history, and send spam etc. out to addresses they find, listing you as the sender. Other times spamming sites will use different addresses in their database as both the to and from addresses. If the email bounces back, is caught by a spam filter, or is otherwise delayed, any messages regarding this get routed back to you.

If the returned message included survey results, or the time correlated very closely to when she sent in a survey, then it could be a Delta thing. Otherwise I suspect that it is not.

KENNECTED likes this.
  3. N670DN
    Original Member

N670DN Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got a survey from a flight that got an hour delay (weather/ATC), which seemed to have no errors.

The survey about the website -- well I took it for the 2nd time the other day since it popped up.

4. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think all these beautiful surveys are not worth the value of toilet paper on an air plane. I connect through MSP quite a bit, and received a survey to tell me how my check-in experience was in PHL and MSP. My flight was PHL -> MSP-> GRR. Not sure why they asked me about my check in experience in MSP as I didn't "Check in". Same thing happened BWI -> ATL -> GRR.

5. ShopAround
    Original Member

ShopAround Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same here, I've received a number of emails with links to surveys but they've all been web-based.

6. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    My sisters and best friend get the surveys after many of their flights....often flying on tix paid for with my Skymiles...lol. I, on the otherhand, rarely see a survey....and I'm BIS much more frequently...go figure...

7. geoffco
    Original Member

geoffco Silver Member

Status Points:
    I get the survey's after every trip and have recently started deleting them. It's gotten annoying. Maybe if they offered entries into a drawing for some SkyPesos as UA does...

Another thing that annoys me is that every survey dealing with ORD has language along the lines of "Chicago O'Hare International Airport (formerly Orchard Field)."

Are there similar history lessons for survey's involving other airports: JFK (formerly Idlewild), MCO (formerly McCoy AFB), CVG (formerly a hub :D ) etc...

jw3711 likes this.
  8. BAppelt
    Original Member

BAppelt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recently did a SDC at SHV and later that week I got an email survey asking about my check-in experience at MEM and asking why I didn't use the kiosk. I think they were a little confused.

Horse likes this.
  9. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    I seem to only get the surveys for flights that go smoothly. My last trip left me fuming at the Regional Elite folks on DTW B/C. 45 minute delay that would have been avoided with proper training, no survey. Fired off a "contact us" and am going to get some Skypesos in my account, nevermind I gave them my Mileage Plan account number...

10. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've received email survey requests with nonworking links to the survey.