Delta, Southwest Best US Airlines For Passengers With Disabilities in 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Mar 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

The Air Travel Consumer Report shows that Southwest and Delta Air Lines had the least number of disability related complaints in 2012.

Despite official data from the DoT’s Air Travel Consumer Report showing an 18.3% year on year increase in complaints filed by passengers with disabilities in 2012, the top 6 US airlines disabled passengers complaints versus total passengers carried ratio remains well within 0.0001%.

In Europe, airports are responsible for delivery of the vast majority of services for passengers with disabilities; however, in the United States legislation protecting the rights of people with disabilities places responsibility for delivery of all services and facilities to disabled passengers on airlines.

Low cost carriers are usually associated to poor customer service. Southwest showing is the exception to the rule. Last year, Southwest carried 133,978,100 passengers. In the same period, the low cost airline received 41 complaints from passengers with disabilities. (tot. pass/ dis. comp. ratio 0.000030). Southwest received 41 disabilities complaints in 2011, 35 in 2010. The carrier was unavailable for comments.

Read More:
    uggboy likes this.
  2. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

I would be curious to know the nature of the various complaints, as they could range from "the crew wouldn't assist so I ended up soiled during my 12 hour flight" (or worse) to "the wheelchair took 5 minutes longer than usual to arrive at the gate."