Delta SkyMiles Gold Amex 45K offer

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Roaddoggin, Dec 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Roaddoggin

Roaddoggin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Delta and Amex are offering 45K SkyMiles with a 3K spend in 3 months. Offer expires on Dec. 23rd, may be targeted.

http://roaddoggin.com/?p=425

My question to anyone with the knowledge...
    Does this extend to business cards (I already have a personal Delta Amex)?

2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't know -- but Delta/Amex didn't do a very good job of selecting who got the offer-- I already have the PT Card and MrsDTWBOB has the Gold one and yes she got the offer too.

I don't think we'll be taking them up on this one.

DTWBOB

3. m124

m124 Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think I picked this card at the worst absolute time because I got it in late July 2012, just a couple of months before the 70,000 offer came around and then they lowered it to 45,000, when I had picked up the 30,000 offer as it had been at that level for months beforehand.

Anyway, I was thinking of cancelling this card. I'm not flying Delta at all these days and I don't really see a reason to keep it. Do any of you keep the card? I've read that I'm probably looking at 2 years before I could get the sign up bonus again (if they're still offering these crazy bonuses then), but I'm just not seeing the benefit of keeping the card at this time...