Delta Sky Club Payment Plan

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by DeltaExpert, Apr 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    mht_flyer likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    These monthly payments and annual fees look identical. A SC membership for an annual fee of $25.99 to $39.99 looks like a great deal.

Seriously, how does the monthly plan compare to the annual fees? Is there an implicit surcharge or handling/service fee for paying monthly like there is on some insurance policies for instance?

3. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Apparently. They are having a special if you join by the end of April for $19.99 for first 3 months and $19.99 Annual fee.

4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The Delta site is unclear (so what else is new?).
    I'm guessing they mean you have to pay an annual membership fee plus monthly payments.

With the initial offer and sign up fee, it looks like, for a Platinum, it comes to $314/year, compared to $300 if you pay upfront for the full year.

The annual fee may be in lieu of the standard $50 signup fee for new members, but that's just a guess.

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I didn't realize that Delta liked April Fool's Day jokes. Has anyone tried demanding the $19.99 special? Does it come with a restriction to fake wine and fake cheese?

USAF_Pride likes this.
  6. Exleftseat
    Original Member

Exleftseat Active Member

Status Points:
    This is extremely unclear. What is it? A monthly charge or and annual fee? Or both? Makes no sense.

7. Exleftseat
    Original Member

Exleftseat Active Member

Status Points:
    If I had only known about this 24 hours ago. Poor Mrs. EX is sitting with the cattle right now awaiting her flight to MSP. !9.99 is a lot cheaper than a day pass, or? We didn't get any mail from DL.com.

8. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
  9. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    That was the deal I was offered, after reading the first post I thought it may have been a discounted price for partner elite. As I am flying tomorrow I was hoping it was a discounted day pass offer, both disappointed in my expectations and that Skyclub can be had for "13 easy payments of x, but wait there is more! Order now and we'll include your first batch of Shenanigans at no additional charge!"

10. Exleftseat
    Original Member

Exleftseat Active Member

Status Points:
    Exactly, now that i follow the link I see that the offer is quite misleading, bogus so to speak. Truly another one of those Shenanigan moves DL is famous about.

11. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    You would still be required to purchase a year's membership.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  12. Exleftseat
    Original Member

Exleftseat Active Member

Status Points:
    Well, then the disappointment is superseded by relief that we did not know and therfore did not take advantage ( if that's the right word ) of this offer!

13. travelgourmet
    Original Member

travelgourmet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did I get the same email? I really don't see the confusion. Here is what I received:
    Seems pretty clear. Twelve payments, with first three discounted. In addition, there is an annual enrollment fee payable. What is the confusion? Certainly, any confusion on the part of the shopper could be cleared up by the FAQ Delta provides on the landing page. This makes very clear that it is a 12 month commitment and that the enrollment fee is additional and covers admin costs. Heck, they even come right out and tell you that the total payments comes out to more than paying up front.

14. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    Played with the self service kiosk at MSP today and was offered a discount Club pass, $39. Too high for me for morning offerings so I did not pay too much attention to the details, pretty sure it was a day pass vs one time pass.

15. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    If it didn't have to be used the day it's purchased, it might be handy for someone who isn't a SC member to buy one to keep for emergency use. Without a DL AmEx, a day pass is normally $50.

Exiled in Express likes this.
  16. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a nice option, wish CO/UA would consider something similar.

Horse likes this.
  17. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't see how it's much different from paying a lounge membership with a credit card, which would give you more flexibility to pay early and thus avoid some of the additional interest charges. With the DL plan, you pay the service fee up front, even if you were to later decide to pay off the year's monthly charges early (if this is even possible). Remember, it's a one year contract.