Delta Sky Club 30-DAY MEMBERSHIP

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by ffitalia, Jan 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello, in the Delta Sky Club rules talk about 30-Day Membership. No one has ever used? And, ... where you buy?

SomeDay and Newscience like this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Although it doesn't state so directly (the webpage mentions annual membership), I'm willing to bet that you can purchase a 30-day membership to the Delta Sky Club directly from any Club. We've similarly purchased 30-day membership to the American Airlines Admirals Club Lounge, directly from a Club while travelling.

SomeDay and ffitalia like this.
  3. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, in july, the last time I looked on the delta websitefos skyclub access was possible to purchase online. I guess now they have removed this possibility. And thanks for info about AA, I did not know.

4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another thing worth investigating is whether the cost of a 30-day membership can be deducted from an annual membership, if that is something that you're interested in finding out. I do know that the Admirals Club (AA) does that (subtracts the cost of a 30-day membership from a follow-on subscription to annual membership).

5. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    same thing with delta :)

6. BamaGirl
    Original Member

BamaGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe DL has stopped offering the 30 day membership. This was from a reply from DL in a post on TOBB:

"To clarify, Delta Sky Club has eliminated the 30-day,
    3-year, Joint and Spouse add-on membership options. We currently offer:

•Annual Membership - includes access for member and up to two guests or
    family members (spouse or domestic partner and children under 21) per
    visit

•One-Day Pass - includes access for one day of travel with no guest
    access for $50".

7. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    The one day membership is a rip off. The best deal was the. 90/$90 from NW. Another best in class change.

ffitalia and DiverDave like this.
  8. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    ok, thanks to all

9. jakedvs3

jakedvs3 New Member

Status Points:
    I also noticed that they got rid of it. I purchased one before for $100 that allowed a few guests with it... it's too bad that they got rid of it...

-- ffitalia -- Are you saying that they do still offer some type of 30 day trial if you inquire about it??

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
    Davescj likes this.
  10. jakedvs3

jakedvs3 New Member

Status Points:
    The only reason I wanted it is because my wife and I are flying from CHS to HNL with long layovers. I just found out that since I have a SkyMiles AMEX I can pay $25 each to get both of us in so 1 visit each way is the same difference.. Downside is that it looks like it is per visit and not a day pass (I have 2 decent layovers each way).

11. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Summer 2013 I had a friend by the 30 day membership in a club for $99 so I had a physical paper card and used it for the IAD and CDG Air France lounge on an AF economy flight for both me and my wife (it was in my wife's name I was the guest). Per FlyerTalk the online card might work with the select partners that honor the membership. At that time the membership was available both online and in the club.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  12. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're not missing much. Spend the $50 at each airport on a real meal if you're hungry or a real drink if you want one. Both of those cost extra in the lounge anyways.

Flyer1976, viguera and ffitalia like this.
  13. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, the last time I checked (July 2013) Delta offered 30 day membership access ( to about $50/70, if i remember correctly). the price was interesting because it provided access to the owner plus a guest, but now it seems it is no longer possible (in agreement with other post in this thread)
    Strangely, however, is still present in the "delta sky club rules" (view link in first post), will be an error :(

14. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    DL had both well drinks and "luxury" bar. The luxury bar is rip off (IMHO). But the well drinks aren't bad, the wine is decent, if not great.

15. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps, but I'd still generally rather pay for a real drink than deal with the very limited, mediocre stuff they serve for "free" after you've paid $25 to get in the door. Unless your goal is to pound a bunch of drinks of marginal quality before the next flight I don't see the value proposition there. And that applies to all the lounges operated by domestic carriers these days. The offerings took a precipitous drop in the past year or so. It isn't pretty.

Davescj likes this.
  16. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, there aren't a lot of domestic airline lounges where you're going to get $25 or $50 worth of value out of a visit.

If you travel frequently and get your per-visit cost of an annual membership down below $10, then you've got a case for the return.

But the day pass just doesn't seem like a good deal given the amenities in the terminal at most every modern airport (note: modern airport does not describe MLB, which is why I'm grabbing food at a bar just down the street before I wander that way for my flight).

Sent from a place using a fruit thing.

17. jakedvs3

jakedvs3 New Member

Status Points:
    Yea good point. Thanks for the input. But yea I was considering pounding them since it's a 3 hour layover before a 6 hour leg. lol.

Plus I was thinking there might be more room and comfort to relax vs anywhere else. You think that's true?

I'll have to think about it. It'll be in Atlanta and Seattle so maybe the terminals will be better.

18. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'd definitely be happy sitting in the terminal in SEA. For ATL it depends on the terminal but E and F are nice enough.

jakedvs3 and Flyer1976 like this.
  19. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is that too. I bought the SC membership mostly for the internet, place to work, agents to deal with IRROPS more than the drinks. I don't usually drink in the SC, so for the odd drink I have (which is usually rum/coke anyway) it is fine.

But, as to paying 25+drink, I think you are spot on. I find it pretty pathetic what all the clubs have done. I would rather pay a bit more and have a decent club. Of course, DL is happy to charge more and downgrade the offering. That I do take issue with.

Newscience likes this.