Delta Silver or Gold Status Challenge

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by dealswelike, Apr 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. dealswelike

dealswelike Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting terms. If you figure the minimum of 500 MQMs per flight, this is 3000 MQMs for Silver or 6000 MQMs for Gold, earned in one predefined quarter (the three months of April, May, and June) of the year, versus 25,000 or 50,000 MQMs over 12 months. This ratio isn't bad at all. Other programs tend to require a bit more than 25% of the standard requirement over three months that start when you specify.

However, note that the status is only for the rest of 2011 and the first two months of 2012, whereas normally a new status earned during 2011 would apply until the end of February 2013, one full year longer.

One would presume that if you challenge for silver successfully and then want gold, you must still earn a total of 50,000 MQM, not the 25,000 additional MQMs that is the difference between silver and gold. These are probably treated by DL as comped or gifted (for instance, through PM and DM choice benefits) status for these purposes.

If you decide to go for this, be sure to read the T&C carefully and register first. Be careful about codeshares and any restrictions on fare class, use of coupons, etc.

It's an interesting and useful offer for some people, but this differs from "standard" status challenge terms.

3. Deltalina
    Original Member

Deltalina Silver Member

Status Points:
    Again, this is a targeted promo that we've been talking about for a while. Thanks for cross-promoting your blog.

4. Gtitan
    Original Member

Gtitan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, I was actually offered this promo as I am now but a general member. Once upon a time, I was highest tier elite on Delta (and some other airline that no longer exists in the Mid-West ;)):D

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, we remember you from those days, when you were active in those fora in that other place. It's nice to see you here and it would be nicer if you were to drop into our DL lounge here from time to time.

Should we assume that you do not plan to do the challenge?;)

6. Gtitan
    Original Member

Gtitan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would surely do so if they put a "red tail" back on the planes. :D <joke folks>

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    My sentiments too but I'm a hub captive. There are still a few red tails around, but they're getting harder to find. Unfortunately the first thing DL did after the merger was to try to get rid of all evidence of NW, starting with the repainting process.

8. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe this is for current non-status holders only.