Delta PNR messed up, and how to fix it?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Biggles209, Oct 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Biggles209
    Original Member

Biggles209 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My daughter had a DL reservation BOS-SLC-SEA. She called Delta and requested a price for a change to BOS-SLC-GEG. The first agent said that it could not be done, and passed her on to a second agent, and then the call dropped.

Looking at the PNR online, it now reads:

BOS-SLC Economy(X) Confirmed Departs 5:27 PM
    SLC-SEA Economy(X) Confirmed Departs 10:00 PM
    SLC-GEG Economy(Y) Confirmed Departs 9:55 PM

I don't want to do anything until I understand what is going on. Is the SLC-GEG leg just a placeholder or is it for real?

2. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Somebody messed up Deltamatic. Give them a call to fix it.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's hard to believe that the change could not be done for a change fee (probably $200) and any fare difference unless it was aa basic economy E fare or some deep discount fare purchased outside of the USA and part of some longer International itinerary.

Daughter should decide how much she's willing to pay to make the change and then call DL. Check also whether the GEG flight is a codeshare or a small RJ if this matters to her.

4. Biggles209
    Original Member

Biggles209 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the responses. The SEA-GEG leg eventually disappeared from the PNR, so I guess it was just a placeholder.