Delta pilots OK contract shifting away from smaller jets

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by sobore, Jun 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.greatfallstribune.com/ar...er-jets?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Frontpage|p

Pilots at Delta Air Lines approved a new contract on Friday that will prompt a major shift in the way Delta uses smaller jets.

The deal is likely to become a benchmark for pilot talks at United Airlines, too, and will ripple through negotiations at other airlines. And because unhappy pilots can make it tougher to run an airline, Delta will benefit from having a settled contract that runs through the end of 2015.
    The new contract will allow Delta to accelerate a shift toward bigger jets in favor of smaller, money-losing 50-seat regional jets that connect passengers in smaller cities to Delta hubs. The shifts won't happen overnight, but rather over the next few years. In some cases Delta is expected to need to renegotiate airplane leases and agreements with the feeder airlines that it hires to fly under the Delta Connection name.

Read Morehttp://www.greatfallstribune.com/article/20120630/BUSINESS/206300307/Delta-pilots-OK-contract-shifting-away-from-smaller-jets?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Frontpage|p

USAF_Pride likes this.
  2. chaz4449

chaz4449 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I won't miss the CRJ 200's!

USAF_Pride and sobore like this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would be surprised if anyone on Milepoint sheds a tear! :p

USAF_Pride likes this.
  4. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think you meant to say away from the puddle jumpers -- and why should the Delta pilots reject something than means they'll get more jobs --- after all the puddle jumpers aren't flown by Delta per se !

BTW, I won't miss them any more than I miss the Saabs.

DTWBOB

USAF_Pride likes this.
  5. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Allows Delta to lease 88 former AirTran Boeing 717s from Southwest Airlines Co. Those planes seat 117 and will be flown by Delta pilots

USAF_Pride and sobore like this.