Delta MR transfer bonus back?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by travelinmike33, Jun 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    On the View Your Eligible Promotions page in my Skymiles account, there is a promotion listed as "Membership Rewards 50% Bonus Miles & MQMs" with a Register By date of 30SEP2011. The link goes to http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/junemr which gives a page not found message. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for those of us who didn't participate in the transfer that expired on May 31.

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    The link is now working! (It wasn't 20 minutes ago...) Thanks!

jbcarioca and DeltaExpert like this.
  3. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    TRANSFER POINTS FOR A 50% MILEAGE
    BONUS AND MEDALLIONS STATUS.

Once you register, you can earn a 50% mileage bonus on any amount of
    Membership Rewards® points you transfer into your Delta SkyMiles account. This offer is good for first-time only transfers through September 30, 2011.
    First register, then transfer points into miles.

And if you transfer 100,000 points or more, you can also receive 25,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). That’s enough to give you Medallion status and benefits like waived baggage fees, unlimited upgrades, Preferred Seating, and more.

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. My Skymiles Promo page showed that it is not active until 6/13, even though my registered date is 6/9. Anyone else seeing this?

5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    The terms and conditions of the offer certainly do not say transfers prior to 6/13 are ineligible. The offer only references (a) having to register prior to making the transfer and (2) that you have to transfer by the end of the promo. Nowhere do the T&C list a start date for the offer,...

choumore and DeltaExpert like this.
  6. LXJenkins
    Original Member

LXJenkins Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is this restricting language the same language that was used last time (preventing people from adding MQM through the promotion when they had done so using a similar promotion months prior)?

"Bonus miles and MQMs will be awarded on a one-time basis per qualified Member and will not be awarded more than one time per Member, for example, on newly created SkyMiles accounts (or duplicate accounts) that are subsequently merged with an existing SkyMiles account."

As a promotion separate from the one that ended last month, couldn't this language be read as limiting bonus MQM to one-time, per promotion per Member - not necessarily, one-time ever, per Member?

DeltaExpert likes this.
  7. I know T&C indicates it should be available the moment of registration. Just want to point out the discrepancy. Thanks anyway for the clarification Gary.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  8. travelinmike33
    Original Member

Status Points:
    When I saw this one, there was also a promo called "2011 JFK-LHR Summer Gift Card Promotion" that has disappeared now as well.
    Snap1.jpg

That 100K transfer for the MQMs is pretty hefty. Unless you have a specific DL redemption in mind or really need the elite bump, it's probably not worth losing the flexibility of MR points.

9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    When this was offered before, what was the requirement for the MQMs? Was it 25K MQMs for a 50K transfer or for a 100K transfer like the current offer?

DeltaExpert likes this.
  10. LXJenkins
    Original Member

LXJenkins Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe it was 25K MQM for a 50K transfer.

11. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was only 25K for 50K transfer...

12. BamaGirl
    Original Member

BamaGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had this under my eligble promotions earlier today, and had to deal with something else. Timed out on DL, Just went back to do the registration, and lo and behold, the link is now gone from my eligible promotions. So, I would suggest signing up immediately if the link is there. It may not be later :mad:. And, just as an added data point-I did participate in the promo last year. So, I wonder if DL IT erred again and is removing the link for those of us who participated last year.

13. LXJenkins
    Original Member

LXJenkins Silver Member

Status Points:
    I enrolled in it but it has since been removed from my enrolled promotions. Perhaps they rolled it out too early - that would explain the 6/13 discrepancy.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  14. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    We will see when 6/13 comes....

15. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    ... then moving 60k now and 40k later (but before Sept 30th) won't get you the MQM's or a bonus on the 40k :(

16. Yeah! I am going through some major hell with Delta over this right now. I saw the promo on June 9th and immediately registered for it. I transferred my 100k points on June 12, as the T&C mention no start date. Well, apparently I had signed up for a previous promo where you got a 40% bonus. The 40K bonus appeared. I called Delta and called again and have emailed them. Their response was to get AMEX to return points or post for a later date. I spoke to an AMEX representative and they said once you transfer the points, Delta owns them. And apparently Delta often tells customers that AMEX needs to fix it.

I have taken a screen cap of the T&C and the AMEX representative was also on the other line with a Delta rep and they said I have to contact corporate directly. This has become a huge ordeal for 25k MQMs. I do not need the 100k points. I have over 500,000 AMEX points, because of work. I can transfer them anytime I want. I don't need the extra points with Delta. I was doing it for the medallion bump. I am now trying to get corporate to understand that the T&C list no start date, and they should have to honor the fact that it allowed me to register and to go ahead and give the the bump up.

Anyone else ever have this problem, or similar? Any suggestions as to how to make this work out in my favor?

17. travelinmike33
    Original Member

Status Points:
  18. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    You are in the right here. They should honor it as you were registered and you were eligible at that time. Let us know what happens.

19. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello Mr. DeltaExpert,

We recently sent you an email regarding a bonus for first-time Membership Rewards transfers. This email was sent in error and we would like to apologize for any confusion.

However, you can still earn up to 40% more miles on Membership Rewards® points transfers through June 30, 2011.

Receive a 40% mileage bonus for single transactions of 100,000 points or more and a 25% mileage bonus for single transactions of less than 100,000 points.

To take advantage of this offer, register today and begin transferring points to your Delta SkyMiles account.

20. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Argh.

You do not meet the eligibility criteria listed below and may not register for this promotion. We encourage you to check out our other great offers on our Promotion Highlights page.

While I didn't really want to move the MR points, the 25k MQM would have been a nice bump to give me a big roll over for next year which would have made doing this worthwhile.

21. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you done any previous transfers tog get the 25K mqm bonus in the last year?

22. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I presume that precludes me. The bonus last year helped me start this year at 48k mqms of rollover!

All I am looking for is the mqm bonus, not the DL miles....I presume I'm sol.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  23. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, if you already did one bonus to get a MQM bonus it wont allow you to do another one....

NYBanker likes this.