Delta Looking to Replace Old Widebodies

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by USAF_Pride, Mar 13, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Link
    Getting rid of 20 (ok, not that many) 75x configurations would be nice as well.

More in depth article here

William JLP, Newscience and gregm like this.
  2. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll believe it when I see it! I'm hoping for a nice mix of 787s and A350s. I will miss the 747s, but I won't miss the 767s without the 2nd boarding door.

William JLP likes this.
  3. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't like it when the unwashed masses parade through the F cabin either.

William JLP likes this.
  4. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know it's not going to happen, but I'd like to see 747-8s or A380s. I'd bet they'll order 777s, 787s, or A350s.

William JLP likes this.
  5. William JLP

William JLP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Won't miss the 767s at all, though the many F seats make upgrades close to a sure thing.

6. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    then don't celebrate the loss of the 757s!

blackjack-21 likes this.
  7. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    So what you're saying is that now besides having the TSA search for explosives, large liquid containers, terrorists, and more, they'll now also have to make use of a smelling machine so as not to offend the elites, except of course on B757's where there is immediate elite exclusiveness seperation as soon as they board? Anyone then failing the smell machine tests would then have to pass through a large shower area along the jetway before being allowed to board.

I was once forced to sit next to a guy in a tee shirt and shorts who was sweating profusely and STANK (stunk, stinked, stunkened?) for the whole (thankfully short) flight in the bulkhead seats from YYZ-ORD on an AA B757. He had boarded because his UA flight had been cancelled and he got reaccommodated on AA, and he had been in F on UA, and because of his "eliteness" he felt entitiled to yell and demand several extra small bags of the AA almonds and drinks. Since this was a completely full flight I couldn't be reseated, but I tried not to breathe or listen to that FIRST CLASS Elite stinking a@@hole the entire flight.

Another flight in 1982, three weeks after the GIMLI glider episode, I was flying back YEG-YYZ on an AC B727. Trip was for a week of horseback riding and fishing in the Canadian Rockies, and then driving through Alberta and over the Rockies into B.C. and back to Alberta. Full flight and I was in a window seat in the back. A woman "of size" (very) and her two daughters arrive to sit in the same row as me. She in the middle seat next to me, with each daughter in the aisle seats, one on the other side aisle seat. They were also quite odorous, to say the least, smelling from horses, cowboy hats and all. Now I like horses, and had spent a week on horseback and had the saddle sores to prove it, but since then I had spent some time in hotel's showers and washed my jeans and shirts, and even used soap and deodorant, aftershave too, so I don't think I smelled quite as bad, but WOW, does no one really care about the offensive smell they may eminate in a closed container such as an aircraft?

On secnd thought, maybe we should ask the TSA to install those smell machines for the pax, even for the B757's flights.

8. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why do you all even care what type of widebody DL will replace?

Jeff's current MO means reductions in all J cabin inventory anyway, so it would be much more reasonable for flyers of the best in class airline to consider which frame offers best in class economy hard product/flight experience....and with that in mind, you can look to FR/NO/NK for the model.

gregm likes this.
  9. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like that 'new airliner smell'.

blackjack-21 likes this.