Delta IT fails Reading 101

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by JasonH, Jun 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JasonH
    Original Member

JasonH Silver Member

Status Points:
    I usually don't post stuff like this, but you'll see why I did this time... I hope.

I cut IT people a lot of slack. Heck, I am an IT person and I know that many users complain about silly thing that I can't do anything about or report a problem as "it doesn't work." That being said, when you get a detailed report you really should read it and if you respond try not to sound like a fool. Sadly, Delta failed that test.

As my message below that I sent to Delta IT via their webpage shows I encountered an invalid security certificate when accessing the Summer Deals page for the BOS-CDG promo. Usually this isn't a huge concern, but since there is a rash of hacking going on and knowing as I do that there are several hacks around security certificates I wasn't going to ignore this.

This morning in my email I got a response from Delta and all I could say was REALLY DELTA?! Did you read what I reported? An invalid security certificate does not equal, and never equals, "the system is temporarily unavailable"!

So in the end maybe Delta will check their security certificates and maybe they won't, but man it would be nice if they had actually read my bloody message.

Okay... rant over.. have a report of an IT issue that I need to go read.. from my favorite person who only reports her issues as "it takes a long time to open my computer." :rolleyes:

2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Sounds like one of those robot responses, where the computer looks for keywords in your e-mail and sends a canned reply. When I get those (from any company) I reply saying that I want a real human person to read my e-mail because their computer can't understand it. That generally gets a non-apologetic response from a live employee, but it also gets me through to someone who can understand and fix the problem.

JasonH likes this.
  3. JasonH
    Original Member

JasonH Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought so initially, but I've not encountered a canned system email that comes from an email address that matches the redacted name. Usually the canned stuff comes from a distribution list address. Given my other run-ins with Delta IT though, I have a feeling this is more like par for the course.

Gargoyle likes this.