Delta Is About To Offer The Ultimate Paid Upgrades

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 28, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Early last year I had the opportunity to fly on a Gulfstream IV between Seattle and San Diego, which changed my perspective on commercial aviation a bit. Being able to skip security and walk right onto a private jet is an incredible experience. The funny thing is that I walked away from it seeing the value for domestic travel, though for longhaul travel I almost felt like I'd still prefer a top first class product. After all, unless you have a Boeing Business Jet or are the Qatari royal family, a private jet can only get so spacious (though that won't stop Creflo Dollar from "believing" God for one). But Delta is trying something now which is truly unique. While we all know that Delta has a huge fleet of commercial planes, most people don't realize that Delta also has a fleet of 66 private jets, which is in a separate business unit. Delta is the master of trying to squeeze extra revenue out of passengers, and they've just found yet another way to do that. Via BloombergBusiness: The post Delta Is About To Offer The Ultimate Paid Upgrades appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...