Delta increasing Brazil capacity by 30%

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by jbcarioca, Dec 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    my translation: ""...GOL has codeshares with Delta, which operates 35 flights per week between Brazil and the US. Delta plans to raise seat capacity by 30% by changing from Boeing 767 to 747-400 aircraft."

There is no mention of dates or routes. Logically that probably means GRU and GIG, but BSB is the primary locus for DL transfer to GOL domestic flights so it is conceivable that it may be included too.

Valor reported this morning about the AA/JJ/LA codeshares and presumed pending OW entry by JJ. This report was buried in the article.

the link is subscription only:
    http://www.valor.com.br/empresas/2943826/american-e-tam-fecham-acordo-para-dividir-voos

DiverDave and rwoman like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow...putting the 744 into Brazil is big!

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm waiting to have confirmation from somewhere other than an unrelated article in Valor. They have not often been wrong. I do not have official DL load factor data, nor yields. However, I have been on GIG-ATL six times this year and every flight I was on was 100%, or so said the FA's on boarding. Business to my knowledge has been fully occupied every time. DL FA's have repeatedly said that Brazil routes are consistently packed, so with weakness elsewhere this would not be surprising. The only problem is that those 744's are older than the B764's we now have and the 764's have the nice new business class seats.

4. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    All the DL 747s now have the new business class seats: DL News Release

jbcarioca likes this.