Delta Increases Voluntary Denied Boarding Compensation to $800

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    Last week I flew from New York (JFK) to Los Angeles on Delta, and noticed that when I checked in for my flight that the flight was oversold and they were seeking volunteers willing to bump to a later flight.

[​IMG]

The first thing that jumps out is the preselected amounts have been increased to $200, $300, $400 or $500. These used to only be $50, $75, $100, or $125 if I recall correctly so these have been increased.

[​IMG]

Another thing that I specifically noticed is that you can now bid up to $800 (previously the maximum amount was only $400).

[​IMG]

I decided to bid $800 and head to the gate and see what would happen. At the gate, they said they had a few no-shows and didn’t ultimately need any volunteers.

I think this is a great change enhancing their voluntary denied boarding compensation to $800, up from $400.

One main reason I suspect they did this was that they weren’t getting all the volunteers they needed at the $400 amount and would have to involuntary deny boarding to passengers, so this way with the increased amount they will hopefully be able to get more volunteers.

How much do you plan on bidding on your next oversold Delta flight?

The post Delta Increases Voluntary Denied Boarding Compensation to $800 appeared first on Points Miles and Martinis.

The post Delta Increases Voluntary Denied Boarding Compensation to $800 appeared first on BoardingArea.

Continue reading...