Delta in-flight service

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by kfoody, Jun 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kfoody

kfoody Active Member

Status Points:
    In my past life I flew out of Atlanta and loved Delta, just loved them. I felt the love back from them as well, frequent upgrades and just an overall pleasant experience.

In my new life out of PIT I am seeing many more stoppages of in-flight service due to "Turbulence" when the flight is smooth as can be. I may be paranoid but it feels like Delta is cutting costs by cutting the service. Am I wrong?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't noticed this. Are you flying mainline or DL Connection and if so, which specific RJ carriers?

3. kfoody

kfoody Active Member

Status Points:
    Most recently flights along the Eastern Seaboard from PIT to ATL then to IAH on Monday.

4. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like a connection carrier (Comair, Pinnacle, ASA, Compass). I forget which one of them does the "turbulance" game, but I did write DL about it as it was the only carrier that was using that as an excuse.
    I am currently experiencing turbulance on my flight and we are still being served. They make the mistake of making the announcement about hitting the call button if you need something. I always do because 30+ minute flights should get a beverage service.