delta gold medallion status match process

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by saigonpeter, Apr 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. saigonpeter

saigonpeter Active Member

Status Points:
    I requested SM of delta gold medallion based on ASIANA diamond plus(star gold)

There was no answer up to 4weeks from the requsted, even no clue whether thet received or not

Anybody advise me the process of DELTA SM... ^^;)

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP. I love your avatar.

I've never done a status match, but if there's no response of any sort in four weeks, I would certainly try to contact them, perhaps by resending all materials with a note that you submitted your request on whatever date.

However, did you contact DL in advance? Did you follow the directions and send all requested materials together to the correct address or email account? Normally I would think that one would first call DL to ask if they will match one's airline and status level and to verify the documentation and email/mailing address. At this time, one could ask about the typical processing time.

One further thought: Have you looked at your DL account on line recently? Perhaps you have been matched but have not yet received the card or will be sent the card only after flying DL.

Italy98 and DeltaExpert like this.
  3. lsk5013

lsk5013 Member

Status Points:
    curious and related question-if I'm Gold on Delta, do u know which airlines will status match? If a thread has been created, i'd be appreciative if you could send the link. thanks!

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP. As a general rule, airlines will not status match within their own alliance, so with DL, don't expect a match from a SkyTeam partner. Both AA and UA/CO do challenges rather than status matches as a rule, although exceptions might be made for important corporate clients. Beyond this, it depends very much on the individual airlines and circumstances.

Italy98 likes this.
  5. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    As you consider a status match, be sure to keep in mind what you want out of an airline - things to consider are domestic vs international flying, upgrades, etc. DL, AA, UA/CO, and US have different benefits. Some of the big beefs with DL are international upgrades (require relatively expensive Y/M/B fare with miles/SWU) and expensive miles redemption options. That said, many of us are happy with DL - I've had excellent service and experiences with DL most of the time, although I am giving AA a chance since I'm LON based...not certain the grass will be greener. Look at the other carriers' boards on the forum to get an idea about these things.

Good luck!

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Remember also that status matches are normally supposed to be once in a lifetime for you and the airline granting the status match, so use this privilege wisely, not just to collect an impressive card.