Delta Gold Medallion fast track [targeted]

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by penumpang, May 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    Today, I received this email. I transfered 50,000 Amex MR (with 50% bonus and 25K MQM) to Delta last week and this promo seems to be related to that activity. It seems targeted, but here's the link to register: http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/earlygold/

Hello penumpang,

Thank you for your recent points transfer. We hope you're enjoying your new Silver Medallion® status. We value your business and would like to help you get the most out of your Medallion benefits. That's why we're ready to help you bridge the gap to the next Medallion status level.

For a limited time, register, then fly just two paid round-trip domestic flights or one paid round-trip international flight, and we'll grant you Gold Medallion status. As an exclusive offer, this is just a small percentage of the standard Medallion Qualification Segments you would need to reach Gold Medallion status. It's a great opportunity to enjoy more benefits faster. And it's our way of thanking you for flying with us.

In addition to the benefits you already receive as a Silver Medallion member, you'll enjoy these benefits as a Gold Medallion member:
    • No direct ticketing charges
    • Unlimited Rollover Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs)
    • Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades for all tickets, including Award Tickets and Pay with Miles tickets
    • Delta Sky Priority® experience
    • SkyTeam Elite Plus status in our global network
    • 100% mileage bonus
    Terms & Conditions
    Eligibility: Only members who receive this communication directly from Delta Air Lines are eligible to participate in this offer. This offer is non-transferable. This offer cannot be combined with other Delta/SkyTeam offers. To participate in this offer, eligible members must register online by December 31, 2011. Medallion status (including status granted via status match, Choice Benefits or Million Miler™ status) will not count toward promotional qualification.
    Bonus Offer: Qualify for 2012 Gold Medallion status by flying 2 paid round-trip domestic flights or 1 paid round-trip international ticket between date of registration and December 31, 2011.
    Travel Period: Travel must be between date of registration and December 31, 2011. All travel must be completed by December 31, 2011.

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some others received a version for either three domestic RTs or two international RTs for PM from GM, although I suspect that international here means longhaul and excludes Canada, etc.

There's already a thread on the other version which has generated some discussion you probably want to review before registering. Be sure you understand how rollover works before doing anything.

3. Dovster
    Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

Status Points:
    All it gave me was the finger.

Henry, jmrich1432 and FetePerfection like this.
  4. JosephMay

JosephMay Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for your recent points transfer.

it seems very targeted at the people who took advantage of the 50K AMEX transfer.

Qualify for 2012 Gold Medallion status by flying 2 paid round-trip domestic flights or 1 paid round-trip international ticket between date of registration and December 31, 2011

2012 - I know I'm always looking for a Dark Cloud but does anyone think status will not kick in until 2012?
    I should make gold without this offer by October but would be nice to be Gold by July. I would consider doing a quick MR to qualify sooner. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

5. scotty00
    Original Member

scotty00 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's not related to the 50k Amex offer because I received the same Early Gold promo offer and I didn't do an Amex transfer.

As for when the qualifying status starts, your status will upgrade shortly after you complete the qualifying flights and last through 2012.

6. Kagehitokiri
    Original Member

Kagehitokiri Silver Member

Status Points:
    really stupid of them - if they had offered both at the same time, i would have done it, because i could have taken 1 domestic already, leaving just 1 or 2 left for gold

as it happened, i ended up flying UA not DL, and actually had a great airport experience with them

huh. that would be nice.