Delta Gold AMEX Retention

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Efilon87, Sep 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I currently have the Delta Gold Amex. Called to see if they have any spending offers for the card, they dont. But they would be able to upgrade me to the next card up (Platinum) for 15k miles. I have been told that this card doesnt waive the anual fee, but maybe I can get just a statement credit for $100+ and those 15k bonus miles. Also if I spend 25k/yr, I will get 10k miles and 10k medallion miles. Is this a good offer, or should I hold out for more? Thanks for the help!!

2. Stils

Stils Silver Member

Status Points:
    In my opinion there is no reason to have the Delta Gold Amex. The platinum is a better deal and pays for the annual fee. The gold gives you a $99 companion ticket. The plat gives you the companion ticket for free. That's $100 right there. Also if you are able to hit that 25k/year MQM boost that's huge compared to the gold. There is no mileage boost in the gold card anymore (they got rid of it Jan 1st 2012). The 15K bonus miles for bumping up to the platinum is another $150 (minimum) worth of benefit. Depending on when your annual fee is due it's worth doing. I think I paid my $99 annual fee for the gold card and then bumped up to the Platinum a month later. They prorated my fee towards the Platinum fee and I still received the companion ticket.