Delta GM 500 free points for sitting in middle seat

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by toddreg, May 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. toddreg
    Original Member

toddreg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Picked up on this on another forum, has anyone else gotten such an email and the 500 points for sitting in a middle seat?----------------

"I'm Gold Medallion on Delta and chose a middle seat (in the exit row) on a recent flight. The next day I got this email. Enjoy!
    Hello Mr. X,

Mondays are tough, and we're sorry yours may have been less comfortable when you ended up stuck in the middle seat.
    While we strive to give our most loyal customers our best seats, unfortunately that's not always possible. To thank you for your flexibility and understanding, we've credited 500 miles to your SkyMiles account.
    It's just one of the ways we're expressing our appreciation for your loyalty to the SkyMiles program. And we'll continue to take care of you—from booking to baggage claim and everywhere in between.
    So thanks again. Next time, we hope to see you in First."

DeltaExpert likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This has been standard on DL for a while. It's sometimes called "middle seat Mondays."

sobore likes this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I ended up in a middle seat last Wednesday and have received nothing....got to love last minute a/c changes...may be a DYKWIA moment, but I was not happy about it. :eek:

MSPeconomist likes this.
  4. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's pretty cool of them. They didn't have to do anything, just kind of brightens your day, huh? Good for you!

sobore likes this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    DL gives out the miles only on Mondays.

However, NW used to give 1000 miles to any PE not upgraded on a "domestic" flight with FC (IIRC, mainline only).

DeltaExpert, USAF_Pride and Angust like this.
  6. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice - I was only a general member on NW...although I flew them consistently in college. The GA was very apologetic about the middle seat and, at the last minute, at least got me into the exit row middle so at least I had legroom. It was not the GA's fault they provided a different 757...although I think they SkyClub could've been clear about the change when I checked in with the wrong BP - the agent mentioned something, but assumed the BP I had was correct...

I thought about sending DL an email to the effect of this not being the best way to take care of their DM's....I have a hard time believing there were no window/aisle seats left when they made the switch....I know, I know...it's possible...whatever...glad it was only a 59 minute flight!! ;)

jmrich1432 and MSPeconomist like this.
  7. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    Assume these are not MQM, right?

8. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not MQMs, just bonus redeemable miles.

9. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Which DL promptly did away with as soon as possible!!!

10. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Go here and complain, they've ALWAYS responded to me with either a cert or a mileage bonus:

http://www.delta.com/emailus/servlet/EmailUs

I haven't tried the twitter help, would they credit on something like this via that channel?