Delta gives passengers a special delivery: Pizza

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by sobore, Mar 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.news10.net/news/article/237476/124/Delta-gives-passengers-a-special-delivery-Pizza

Airlines are notorious for being stingy when it comes to food for passengers flying in economy class.
    But on Monday, passengers on a Delta Air Lines flight from Boston to Atlanta got a special treat: a free pizza delivery.

Granted, they were waiting for hours on a tarmac when their plane was diverted to Knoxville because of tornado warnings in Atlanta.

Ryan Wood, a passenger, told WRCV TV that the plane circled for a while before landing in Knoxville because it was low on fuel.

He then looked out the window and was surprised to see a police car pulling up.

"And, I see a cop car pull up and I'm like, 'this is going to be good, what's going on here?' Then I see a cop get out and a couple guys helping him with about 30 pizzas out of the back seat and I'm like, 'oh alright we got some pizza... we're going to have a little pizza party on the plane,'" he told the station.

There were actually 60 pizza pies.

Read More: http://www.news10.net/news/article/237476/124/Delta-gives-passengers-a-special-delivery-Pizza

Mapsmith, jbcarioca and mht_flyer like this.
  2. BuckleandBoots

BuckleandBoots Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I'm still not going to race to get on a plane that makes a pit stop where it's greeted by the police...

Mapsmith and jbcarioca like this.
  3. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice gesture, but you know everyone here is thinking, "Every passenger should have gotten at least 5k RDMS and the pizza!".

Flyer1976 and Mapsmith like this.
  4. N670DN
    Original Member

N670DN Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great thinking by the Knoxville station manager.

DiverDave, Flyer1976 and Mapsmith like this.
  5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    They must do things right in Tennessee not so much in Jawjuh though.